cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView free for 18 months

chapellane69

YouView free for 18 months

In June I was called by PlusNet and offered YouView free for 18 months as a loyalty reward. I accepted. I was notified of my new charging scheme, and was surprised to see a £5 fee for YouView. I questioned it and was reassured that there would be a discount applied as indicated in a separate ticket.
When my first bill arrived there was a part-month charge for YouView. I questioned it and was told that the discount would apply to the first full month, and there would be 18 full months discount in total.
When my next bill came there was still a charge for YouView. I questioned it and the person at that time managed to refund the charge and promised to sort things so that the mistake would not be repeated.
When my next bill came there was still a charge for YouView. I questioned it, but this time the person could not process a refund without listening to a recording of the person who gave me the offer in the first place. This was going to take three days to arrange.
One month later and no refund for last month's overcharge and now I have my next bill. There is another charge for my free YouView.
Did anyone else get this offer by phone?  Are you receiving it for free?
Anyone from PlusNet who thinks they can sort this out better than the people who have taken ten times longer than promised to complete the investigation is welcome to assist. The relevant ticket numbers are 106355171, 106355189 and 110071727.
6 REPLIES
Finguz
Grafter

Re: YouView free for 18 months

We were offered, and accepted, 24 months @ £1 per month with no activation fee.
I haven't heard of anyone being offered 18 months for free, apart from you of course.
PeeGee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I was made a slightly different offer recently - including an extension of my existing broadband discount offer to "18 months left" (instead of  13 months of 24 left) and a discount on PNTV. In my case, the BB discount has been applied (retained), but not the PNTV discount (for PN reference, tickets #109631306 (22 Aug) and #110953947 (22 Sep) apply). As the last PN "system failure" occurred between "ticket" confirmation and the first bill, I allowed some latitude, however I'm still awaiting a response to my query.
Phil
Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link TD-W9980 modem-router.
chapellane69

Quote from: PeeGee
I was made a slightly different offer recently - including an extension of my existing broadband discount offer to "18 months left" (instead of  13 months of 24 left) and a discount on PNTV. In my case, the BB discount has been applied (retained), but not the PNTV discount (for PN reference, tickets #109631306 (22 Aug) and #110953947 (22 Sep) apply). As the last PN "system failure" occurred between "ticket" confirmation and the first bill, I allowed some latitude, however I'm still awaiting a response to my query.
Phil

Do you have anything written down with the details of your original offer?  I think most of my problem is that I was only offered the deal verbally on the phone, and PlusNet won't act until they have listened back to the call.  The longer they leave it the more likely it is that the recording will be lost.
It's ironic that I had no intention of leaving PlusNet, until I was offered this loyalty reward.  Now they have stuffed up the implementation, I'm not sure I want to be that loyal.
PeeGee
Aspiring Pro

I have a ticket (the first one listed) that states the monthly payments agreed on the phone.
Phil
Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
s1m0nh
Dabbler

I can confirm that I was offered the same deal and (luckily) it has been applied:

The final item is the one you should be seeing. Good luck getting it sorted.
PeeGee
Aspiring Pro

@chapellane69
As there's been no real movement on the ticket front after my query on 2 Sep, I called COT this AM (as the deal was negotiated with them) after getting my latest "payment notice" and have received a credit for the "missing discount" in last months payment. I'm not holding my breath regarding whether the accounting system can cope with a change between notification of and request for payment Shocked
Phil