cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView customer who is moving to a property with PlusNet...

tstaddon
Rising Star

YouView customer who is moving to a property with PlusNet...

Hi

A family member is moving back in with us, but they have a YouView account through BT at their old place with I think the Ultra HD box, and they use the mobile apps (which are apparently going to fall out of support next month).

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/02/youview-refocus-away-from-direct-to-consumer-iptv-prod...

We already have Netflix and Amazon Prime but not YouView.

Given that PN doesn't do the UHD box and the app support is a bit of a grey area, I'd like to know if anyone has any thoughts on what best to do. Stick with YouView, Freeview Play, or FreeSat? (The latter would mean either buying a new TV, or waiting to see what Arris can come up with now that Humax availability is more or less down to what's left in stockrooms).

2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,291

Re: YouView customer who is moving to a property with PlusNet...

You can use the YouView box as a DVR you just wouldn't get the IP channels.
Freesat I'd skip if you can get Freeview as it doesn't have all the channels.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
tstaddon
Rising Star

Re: YouView customer who is moving to a property with PlusNet...

So can my relative keep the existing BT contract and what is the effect of the box just being used as a PVR?

All I know is they record a ton of stuff during the day in order to watch it later. Nobody else uses YouView so I have no idea what channels are being recorded - they might be IP, they might not be.