cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView+ box stopped working

FIXED
geoffs

YouView+ box stopped working

My YouView+ box has stopped working. It has worked perfectly for the 4 or so years that I have had it. However, when I now turn it on there is a red light which then turns blue, the message “Waking up” appears, it then beeps about 12 times, then the message “Please wait” appears followed by some other messages which mention changing the settings but I can’t access them, 4 lights then flash and the cycle starts again. I have contacted the help centre who said that an engineer could be sent out but that there would be a significant cost to this (see question 212590148). I definitely don’t want to do this. I would just like to be sent a replacement box in the way in which Gandalf sent one to Bamboozled a few weeks ago. I still have about 18 months left on my contract which includes both YouView+ and BT Sport. I would very much like to continue with both YouView+ and BT Sport during this period but I need a working YouView+ box in order to do this. I have been a happy Plusnet customer for over 15 years.

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,148

Re: YouView+ box stopped working

Fix

Thanks for your post @geoffs 

I'm sorry for the issues with your YouView set top box. Having reviewed this, based on how long you've been with us and you're still in contract, I've arranged to send a replacement now you should receive within the next few days by courier, we'll email you a tracking reference shortly. Let me know if there are any further issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
geoffs

Thank you for agreeing to supply a replacement box. I look forward to receiving it.

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem @geoffs let me know how it goes

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
geoffs

The replacement YouView+ box arrived this morning and is already up and running. Thank you again for organising this.

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Excellent! No problem at all, let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team