cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView box keeps going into maintenance mode

rascomhome

YouView box keeps going into maintenance mode

I had a problem last year when my YouView box would go into Maintenance mode whenever left unused overnight.  Sometimes a simple reset of the box would sort it, other times I had to do a full Internet recovery (keeping recordings).

A software update fixed the problem and it's been fine until a few weeks ago (before the Feb 7th update) when it has started doing it again.  Is anyone else having similar problems or have any advice?  I've done a full reset of the box again (keeping recordings as there are programmes on there I'd ideally like to keep), and even turned off power saving as much as possible in case it was this causing the issue.

Or is it a box fault in which case do PN replace them for subscribers?

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 128

Re: YouView box keeps going into maintenance mode

Hi there, I've not come across this specific problem personally. 

I'm wondering have you checked to see how much storage is left when this has happened?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rascomhome

Always on the ball with keeping the box clear to be honest, there's around 75% - 80% free space available.  I make sure we delete recordings we don't want to keep once we've watched them.

rascomhome

Given others don't seem to be having this issue, do I assume this could be a box fault in which case what do I do about getting my box replaced?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,285

How long have you had the box?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
rascomhome

Since about October 2015. When I had problems before PN offered to replace it but then the problem sorted itself, wondering (hoping) the offer still stands. Been a PN customer since 2003 and referred a considerable amount of my own customers to them so hoping a bit of brand loyalty is recognised. 😉