cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView app removal / Remote Record

Highlighted
Grafter

Re: YouView app removal / Remote Record

Mines half working and half not for some reason some recordings get sent others dont no clashes either!

Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

And now mine is working again

Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Plusnet realy need to start communicating with the Customers. The Silence is deafening. A formal announcement that the App is being withdrawn by Youview and what plusnet intends to do to replace it (or not). For a communications company Plusnet is realy bad at communicating to it's customer base. 

Highlighted
Grafter

The simplest, quickest and cheapest solution is for PlusNet to use the BT app especially as PN is part of BT.  It looks like PlusNet has been caught unaware of this change.  My contract is up for renewal soon.

Highlighted
Grafter

I wish the PLusnet staff would post a message on this about their plans. Gutted my app has stopped working now! 

Highlighted
Grafter

Mine has stopped working too.  Although I can see the TV guide, recordings are not being sent to the YouView box.  I see PlusNet are still advertising the app on the web site.  I reckon this has come as complete shock to them.

Highlighted
Grafter

I don't think they know what to do now unless they are working on a app or working with BT to get their app. When it was announcned they made it clear they wouldn't make an app since the backlash on here and social media they've stopped responding to customers about the issue so whether they just can't be bothered or are working on something but don't want to say I have no idea! 

Highlighted
Dabbler

PLUSNET. ARE YOU LISTENING? When the app stops working, you are going to be inundated with calls from customers. When you tell them it's no longer working, they are going to be angry and upset.

Economically, you will then have given them the right to cancel their contracts. They might decide to do just that.

Surely it would be better to pre-empt the issue by issuing a Statement of Intent?
Highlighted
Dabbler

My app is still working 🤞 although I have intermittently had the issue of it not sending recordings to the box for a long time. It shows on the app that its sent but then doesn't record. I also have it in reverse where a recording has been set on the box but doesn't show on the app!
Highlighted
Grafter

Add me to the "not happy" list.
The app made the youview box really useful. Being able to remotly set recordings, set a recording without having to power up the STB/TV, look for things of interest was really useful.
It looks like a combo of BT getting contol of youview, not wanting to pay for the server and the new setup with NOW tv.
So how long before the youview stb 's stop working (mines a retail box) ?
So, I thought, how about freesat - they have a nice (as in clumsy) app... test it ... yes it works .... but can I buy a freesat box (dont want sky) ? No. JL/PCworld have no stock, Humax direct .. no stock.
Somethings going on here. Bit of a coincidence ? Cynic? Moi? 🙂
Highlighted
Grafter

Humax no longer manufacture Freesat boxes.  A company called Arris has taken over but they are taking a while to build up stock.  The new boxes are 4K/UHD.

Highlighted
Grafter

Ah! That explains it.
Wonder how long it'll take? 🙂
Highlighted
Grafter

To answer my own post......
The streaming version (no hard drive so no local recording) is available now via Amazon etc for £125
The hard drive versions are due "later" - no published cost tho.
I would hazard a guess at £180 - £200 for the 500gig unit, £250/£275 fot the 1TB and well over £350 for the 2TB unit. These prices are a complete guess, I've taken the Humax price and added a few quid on top. They had better be good for that price . I also suspect I'm too low, I would not be suprised to see them at £50 or so more! 🙂
Highlighted
Dabbler

[-Censored-] Bogbody. This thread is a complaint about the possible withdrawal of the YV phone app. We need as many people as possible to bring it home to Plusnet that we're not happy.

If you want to discuss retail boxes, then start your own thread.
Highlighted
Grafter

Has anyone had any private responses about the app? Plusnet seem to have gone mega quiet when asked not only on this but social media too. I'm surprised their staff haven't responded on this! Might tag some of the staff I've seen post on TV section see what we can get. @Gandalf @abails0105 @adamwalker @MatthewWheeler Huh