cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView app removal / Remote Record

Highlighted
Dabbler

Re: YouView app removal / Remote Record

It looks like on Friday the NowTV gets updated for the full package so passes will work but BT customers only who get NowTV through the one bill with BT will get it integrated.
Highlighted
Grafter

So do you reckon the app will be updated on YouView Friday so that I don't have to keep switching devices when I want to watch Sky stuff? 

Highlighted
Dabbler

Ladies and Gentlemen.  You are losing sight of what this thread is about.  WE ARE ABOUT TO LOSE A VALUABLE FUNCTION OF THE PLUSNET YOUVIEW BOX.

We should be shouting loud and long until PLusNet realise that their customers are unhappy.

Any other issues like Now TV packages are a distraction - start another thread if that's what you want.

This thread is about the imminent loss of the YouView remote app.  If you want to keep it - shout it out here and hope PlusNet read and respond with their comments.

Highlighted
Grafter

Okay.

Please Plusnet provide your own version of the youview app for remote record as it's a handy feature for all tv customers and will be a really appalling decision to lose it/not create your own version 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

Highlighted
Dabbler

I suggest the website is updated asap as its still advertised as being an option which could prove tricky as its being knowingly missold...

https://www.plus.net/tv/
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Plusnet are likely to lose a lot of customers and /or goodwill if the app functionality is simply allowed to cease on 31st March. Surely the company realise this and will do something about it. Or are they/BT just hoping that we will "upgrade" to BT TV instead?
Highlighted

I called Plusnet TV customer service today and they were not aware the app was being discontinued, was not hopeful they will come up with an alternative. Surely it's not to much to ask if BT has one, should be easy enough to copy. Looks like TalkTalk has one !!

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Dabbler

TalkTalk are losing theirs too as theirs was the default app with their own skin Sad
Highlighted
Dabbler

Plusnet, you have many customers who use the YouView app. Many of these will not realise that they are going to lose the functionality. Many more will not use this forum. Please take note of the people who are on the forum who are actively seeking an alternative app (ie the one provided by BT). I fear that you will lose many customers if you do not take note and find a solution. I, for one, who has been a loyal customer for many years will be taking my custom elsewhere at renewal if this is not resolved before then

Highlighted
Hooked

I'd like to join the growing throng of YouView app users who are being left high and dry by YouView company decision to withdraw their product without providing aa alternative product.

If BT can provide the product for their BT-TV customers, why can't Plusnet ?

I use the app on almost a daily basis and will be left high and dry at the end of March.

Come on Plusnet - support your loyal customers - or do you want us to change to BT-TV ????Huh

Highlighted
Dabbler

I agree, I too use the app on a daily basis to check schedules and book recordings. It's much easier than on the tv. Time for plusnet to advise us of their plans. 

Highlighted
Dabbler

Yup, my Panasonic TV has remote record for freeview & freesat so my tv subscription doesnt have anywhere near the value!
Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

My app has stopped showing programmes today, it seems that they are already doing away with it

Highlighted
Dabbler

Mine is still working ok on the iPad

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Mine still ok on Android as well.