Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView app removal / Remote Record

first500
Dabbler

Re: YouView app removal / Remote Record

The phrase High and Dry comes to mind.

It would be very much appreciated to have an official statement from Plusnet, stating their response to this announcement from YouView.

It looks however as if YouView don't count PlusNet as a business partner, as there is no mention of their name in the announcement.

PlusNet - have you any plans to reinstate the full functionaility of your offering?

pseudonoise
Dabbler

I use the YouView app on Andriod daily.  It was one of the reasons I decided to add You View to my package.

It's a really useful component of the package and Plusnet should provide a replacement when the YouView app is no longer available.

ian4993
Hooked

I too use the app daily on my iPad. It is a very easy way to check what is on. I also use the app on my iPhone to set recordings remotely. I do hope that plusnet have a replacement.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 8

Matt has posed the question to our products team. Hopefully we'll have more information at a later time.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
sb113

The youview website directs enquiries to Plusnet and lists the Plusnet support phone number.

I called that number, and the support guy at first denied knowing anything about the app.

Then he said it's a youview app, nothing to do with Plusnet, so I pointed him to the Plusnet website advert.

Then he said it's the first he'd heard about the problem and would pass it to the marketing department.

It's clear from this thread that Plusnet know about the issue.

I can't blame the support guy, he's obviously been told how to respond to something Plusnet can't answer yet.

But I renewed my contract yesterday and was assured everything stayed the same.  Plusnet may be in a tizzy, but this is close to misselling now.

Going to have another chat with the Sales people on Monday.

eiadio

Dear Newbie @ SB113,
I too have just renewed my contract... I’m generally happy with Plusnet and yes they are still advertising the YouView app. on my contract with NO mention of it’s imminent withdrawal....... I’m being shortchanged at best and cheated at worst...... methinks I should cancel within the 14 days initial period.
Adam_uk

Same, im within the 2weeks and using my own Youview box... The kick in the teeth was BT just announcing their NowTV combos today too 😕
Im on a really good deal but remote record is near a dealbreaker for me in all honesty!
JAK92
Dabbler

Be nice if Plusnet can get the NowTV combos too given how their bosses are BT 

SRB2016
Dabbler

Probably the last nail in the YouView coffin, if it's going to focus on boxes for business partners, obviously they won't be continuing with the retail boxes and the YouView platform will probably just cease to be.
sb113

Cancelling within the 14 day cool off period is playing by their rules.

Why not just insist they fulfil their contract?

JAK92
Dabbler

Plusnet need to pull something out of the bag now really regarding the youview system ideally convince BT to produce an app for us plusnet customers, upgrade to 4k youview boxes and get the now tv passes that BT announced this week within the plusnet TV system as well
Fixes: 818

I doubt that 4k or the now passes will come to PN - they are the value option of the BT brand.
That's the upsell to get you to pay more and move over there.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
JAK92
Dabbler

I know, it's a shame but they should be pushing for it really! Especially the Now TV 

JAK92
Dabbler

Interesting on Now TV help page they've stated they're close to getting the Entertainment, Sports and Now TV boost pass all on the YouView app! 

Wilsonline
Grafter

Integrated Now TV sports would be most welcome!
If I'm not mistaken there was an update to my box yesterday which changed the menus a bit, added separate Films and TV Shows tabs.