cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView app removal / Remote Record

Adam_uk

YouView app removal / Remote Record

Hi, following todays ridiculous announcement that Youview are phasing their own app out in March, does this mean we should expect to see a Plusnet app as remote record is a must!

Thankyou Smiley

Moderators Note: Topic title tweaked

Tags (2)
51 REPLIES 51
Fixes: 815

Re: Remote Record

I'm hoping the BT TV app might work..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Adam_uk

It doesnt im afraid as it needs a BT login Sad
smithcomputers
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I would like to know what is going to happen? do we just loose the option to remote record or are Plusnet going to give us access to the BT app? or something else, I have a feeling we will just loose this option.

Cheers

Mike..

Chrisvesey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Youview app

Hi,

Just been notified that the youview app has been discontinued and will no longer work. This is a real bummer as this app has been useful for checking recordings and checking what is on. It seems that the bt app will still work, will this work with plusnet? Chris

Fixes: 815

Re: Youview app

Moderators Note

Two topics on same subject merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Tech

The app is still being advertisd (as of this morning) on the Plusnet TV advertising area.  However this is the original app that is closing.  As we pay for Plusnet TV and it was advertised as part of the service, customers need continuation of the App. which is useful.

Can I use the YouView App with YouView TV from Plusnet?

Yes. The YouView App provides a television guide with over 70 digital TV and radio listings for the next seven days with full programme information detail.

It also allows customers with a YouView+ box to schedule recordings while on the move. For more information and support, please see the guides on youview.com

Wilsonline
Grafter

I'm also interested to know how Plusnet TV is going to move forward with this. I've been a Youview user since their beta testing (and subsequent PlusnetTV beta testing) going back to 2012. The app is so useful, I hope we can get a suitable replacement.
JAK92
Dabbler

Re: YouView app removal / Remote Record

Really hope so we only got our plusnet Internet tv and broadband set up last week to learn the app will no longer function is a really disappointment. You'd hope given who plusnet are owned by they'd have something on the cards or ask for BT's help at least 🤷‍I'll be disappointed if they don't get something sorted its really not that hard to create
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 319

Thanks for flagging your concerns guys.

I've asked the relevant team regarding this and as soon as I have an update I'll let you know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JAK92
Dabbler

It'll be a no sadly. When someone asked on Twitter Plusnet social media team shut it down as a 'never going to happen' Looks like TalkTalk probably aren't going to create one too! 

bisto

I for one will have to consider keeping the plusnet tv as I use the app all the time and one of the main reasons I subscribe to the tv service , I use it to search for programmes and set recordings etc. (and no I dont particularly want to do it direct from the box , my choice)

I might aswell just buy a standalone freeview recorder from ebay or currys, rather than pay a monthly fee

Cant see why we cant have BT tv app access , BT own Plusnet anyhow !!

DaveCW
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

It appears to be Youview rather than Plusnet who are discontinuing the app as this is going to affect Talk Talk customers as well, i know BT have their own version of the app but you can bet your left butt cheek it's not compatible with standard Youview. I think we need to venting our disaproval to Youview direct rather than at Plusnet.It is a nuisance that the app is going to be removed I use it to set recording when I am away from home. i would have hoped Youview would be enhancing the service rather than making it less usable.

DaveCW
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I asked to quetion on the Youview Facebook pages and got this reply

YouView Hi David,

YouView is transitioning from a B2C (business to customer) model to a B2B2C (Business to business to customer) model so our focus has moved to delivering and supporting the needs of our business partners; BT, TalkTalk, Humax and Sony. Since we are moving away from 'direct to consumer' products, we have made the decision to remove the YouView app and move resources around to better suit this new model.

Non-subscription boxes will continue to function and receive software updates for features and improvements (as long as they are connected to the internet) as well as get access to new apps as and when they are on-boarded.

We have quite a lot going on behind the scenes at the moment here at YouView and we are excited to share more about these over the course of the 2020.

Thanks

So over to you Plusnet, I am sure you have people within the organisation who could develop an App.

nealenapier
Dabbler

So in that case it sounds like Plusnet could talk to Youview (B2B) to buy a white labled version of the app?