cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView & BT Sport - ipc6023

Dairyboy

YouView & BT Sport - ipc6023

I have been with PlusNet for a few years now and have YouView TV with a BT Sport subscription.  For the past three weeks or so I have had issues watching BT Sport through my YouView box.  When I switch on, primarily to watch Champions League games, everything works fine for maybe 5, 10, 20 or 30 minutes then stops and shows a ipc6023 error code.  I have looked through the Community at the issues with ipc6023 without success.

Due to the router and the TV being in different rooms I use Powerline adapters and have done for a number of years, generally successfully.  I have changed the adapters around using a spare one with the same issue.  I have changed the cables on all points, i.e. router to powerline, powerline to YouView box; same issue.  I can watch the games either on my iPad or through my work laptop which, again, connects through a powerline adapter from another room.  I cannot connect the YouView box directly to the router as the 10m cable supplied by PlusNet is not long enough (but I have ordered a 20m cable to test).

I also run a second ethernet connection from the powerline adapter to the TV for I-player; this is not accessible either once I get the ipc6023 error.

Did something happen three or four weeks ago? Was there an patch or upgrade to the YouView box or the PlusNet router?

Has anyone any ideas what is causing this or how I can fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: YouView & BT Sport - ipc6023

Dairyboy

Thanks for the link.  I updated the DNS references as suggested and there has been improvement; we managed to watch BT Sport for most of the evening with, probably, seven or eight interruptions that were quickly resolved by changing channels or switching off the YouView box.

So, whilst there is improvement, it is not fixed.  It also doesn't really explain why when the YouView box fails, iPlayer through the TV or my AppleTV box also fail.  Still, some good steps forward.

Kodiakcottage

Is your power line adapter plugged into an extension lead by any chance?

I had a very similar issue which suddenly occurred after many months of no issues and found plugging in the power line adapter direct to the plug socket solved my problem. I assume my youview box was sensitive to very short discontinuities in signal that were tolerated by my sky box and other streaming platforms.