cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView+ Remote Control

Shetland
Dabbler

YouView+ Remote Control

Message to member of staff:  Please can you tell me if you know when the remote controls for the YouView+ box will be in stock?  The unit came yesterday but the box did not contain the remote control or instructions.  Yesterday I was told that a remote would be sent out so I checked again to see if it had been posted.  Unfortunately it seems that it hasn't been sent because they are out of stock.  The person to whom I spoke does not know when they will be in stock again so I will just have to wait. It would be nice to know approximately when it will be delivered.  Alternatively, if anyone can suggest where I might buy one, that might be useful, depending on how long the wait will be for acquiring one from Plusnet.
Thank you.
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: YouView+ Remote Control

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BT-HUMAX-YOUVIEW-DTR-T2100-Remote-/231835276228?hash=item35fa7593c4:g:7BwA... is the correct type (other than BT logo)
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Shetland
Dabbler

Thank you for looking, and for the link. The problem is that by the time it arrives, the PN remote control might be here and I will end up with two. If a staff member can just give me an eta it would be helpful.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 165

Sorry to hear you've not received a remote with your YouView box.
I'm chasing this up with a colleague and I'll get back to you as soon as I can, although that may end up being next week.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Shetland
Dabbler

Thank you for replying. The problem is that they don't know when the new stock is coming in, whether is will be days, weeks or months. 
Shetland
Dabbler

Message for HarryB:. I telephoned this morning to ask if I could have a new YouView box and return the one I have - thought it might be quicker than waiting for a remote control. Was told that the instructions, and remote control had been marked as sent by first class Royal Mail yesterday morning so presumably someone has located them. Hopefully it will be here today or Monday so will update the thread if/when it arrives.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 165

I'm not entirely sure that's accurate unfortunately.
They may have just been going off the notes from the morning of the 4th that state it had been arranged for a new remote to be sent.
As I said, I've emailed a colleague that deals with this type of thing and as soon as they get back to me (Which I imagine will be early next week) I'll let you know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Shetland
Dabbler

Thank you for trying to help. I have just telephoned and cancelled the order so no further action is needed. Will send the box back when I receive the bag.
biggles001
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Shame you're kicking the YV box into touch Shetland,as the PN box is superior to Talktalk's offering.If you do change your mind,buy a Oneforall handset,and set it up as a spare for the PN box.
Shetland
Dabbler

Thank you for replying biggles. It is a shame because I was really looking forward to it.  Sad    It was just not knowing what was going on and how long I had to wait.  Also, being in the telephone queue really winds me up - I don't actually mind waiting but I can't abide the pop music.  Sad    Regarding the handset, I don't understand about them but would have bought one from a  shop if I knew what to get or where to get one from - didn't want to send away for it. 
I am interested in your comment re TalkTalk because my friend has it from them as a free offering - they even sent someone out to install it.  It was her enthusiasm for YouView that made me think about having it but I did not know that PN was the better version.  Thank you for the information although I won't tell my friend!  LOL
biggles001
Rising Star

Hi Shetland,Just a thought about the box,have you actually installed it,and had a look at the offerings?You can use the buttons on the top to operate it,whilst waiting for a handset.Not an ideal solution,but referring back to my last post,there is more control than on the TT box.The PN box is very slick,and has a larger hard drive,and can be operated by the Oneforall 8620,which is on A****n for under £20,this will control six bits of kit.Not that I'm in the pay of PN to sway you one way or the other!!
Shetland
Dabbler

Thank you for all the information biggles - it is kind of you to take an interest. As a result of your post I have braved the pop music again and spoken to a staff member in the YouView team. He says that this is a known issue - others have reported the same thing so it is a supplier problem.  He also said that I will receive a remote control in the next 48 to 72 hours. In view of this he has put the cancellation ticket on hold. Now that you have told me that it can be set up with the controls on the top of the YouView+ machine I will have a go.
If you have the time and could expand on the differences between TalkTalk and our YouView I would be interested as I thought they were the same.
Again, thank you for your help - it is appreciated, especially as I don't know much about the subject.
Shetland
Dabbler

Biggles - did what you said and have managed to install the box using the controls on the top. Am a bit shocked that I managed it!  LOL
biggles001
Rising Star

Hi Shetland,pleased to see that you have taken the plunge,have a look at this link http://www.plus.net/support/pdf/tv/YouView+-Plusnet-User-Guide.pdf ,which might give you some more insight.Incidentally,I have a Talktalk box which is in the dining room (I migrated to PN from TT last November),and find the PN box to be quicker,as well as having a larger hard drive (500GB) as opposed to the TT one (320GB).This is not a huge problem normally,but if you have an HD Tv and record HD stations,you'll have more space!
Sky programmes aren't available on the PN offering,but you will find things like Gold,History and others,as well as BBC Sport and Eurosport 1 and 2.Using a Scart lead is fine,although HDMI is preferable.All in all,either box  give good results,but I do prefer the PN one,looks better,and is smaller.Have fun. Grin Grin
Shetland
Dabbler

Thank you Biggles. I have tried the BBC iPlayer/catch up and it worked ok but then it stopped and I got the circle with a 104 error. I messed about with it, then got 102 but it was connected to the router so I restarted the Powerline adapter and now it is working again. Hope that is not going to be an issue. All the lights were lit on the Powerline so it is a mystery. Anyway, I think I will have fun with it, especially when the remote control comes. OH is going to make enquiries about an all in one remote - couldn't find the one on Amazon that you referred to.
The link to the user guide will be very useful so thank you for that. I will save it on the iPad for reference.
My television is old and doesn't have hdmi so have used scart but it is ok.
Does the TT box have fewer channels than ours?