cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView / PlusNet TV + pfSense

Community Veteran

YouView / PlusNet TV + pfSense

Hi All,
Was just wondering if anyone has managed to get YouView / Plusnet TV working using a pfSense box as the router. We've just signed up and I'd rather keep pfSense, rather than switch down to the PN router / find an alternative!
Thanks in advance,
Daniel
7 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: YouView / PlusNet TV + pfSense

couple of threads here that might be of some use:
https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=100444.0
https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=100464.msg560476#msg560476
nice to see you around Wink
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

It's been a while Tongue
Thanks for the links - I've already come across them but thought no harm done posting here on the off chance Smiley Once I can get to the TV I'll be able to see if I can get it going!
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 53

You might want to try PM'ing Plusnet staffer Darkfire as he is using pfsense and he may have more information about using iptv (Plusnet TV) and pfsense.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I have the RETAIL (i.e. non-Plusnet) Humax DTR-T2000 YouView+ HD Digital TV Recorder and am running pfSense v2.2.6.
EVERYTHING on the YouView box works without fiddling with pfSense 'IGMP proxy', etc.
Not having the Plusnet package of additional channels, I can't comment whether there are routing issues with those.
Certainly all the standard catch-up players work as expected, as does the Netflix player, and the "scroll back" channel guide.
IF there are pfSense 'IGMP proxy' issues with Plusnet TV (using current pfSense v2.2.6), it may be worth waiting a few weeks to upgrade, as the imminent pfSense v2.3 is (today) 95% complete and already includes the updated and latest revision of the 'IGMP proxy' (see 'Todo #4672'), which reportedly resolves issues with IPTV.
Wink
Community Veteran

Yeh, catch up etc was working ok through PFSense, but not the additional channels. Have put the PN router into place now, with the youview box + pfsense connected to that, then everything else behind pfsense and all seems good so far, but will keep an eye out for 2.3 and possibly switch back round if that works!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Have you subscribed to the pfSense "Announce" mailing list, so you get a notification of when new releases appear ?
Wink
Community Veteran

I have now Smiley