Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView Box frozen

AKenny
Hooked

YouView Box frozen

Hi Everyone

My elderly Mum lives alone some 200 miles away from me and her YouView box has frozen - just before the double Corrie tonight!  She has BBC1 but cannot change the channel.  The guide button does not bring up the guide and the Y button does not do anything either.

Mum isn't very mobile so cannot unplug to re-boot the box.  Does anyone have any suggestions please?  I have asked her to turn it off, wait 5 minutes and turn it on but that didn't help.

Thank you

April

4 REPLIES 4
Jubby
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Re: YouView Box frozen

Hi @AKenny

Please accept my apologies for the issue with your mother's YouView set top box.

If the set top box has been powered off then back on using the switch on the back or by unplugging the power then reconnecting it and the image did not change, it sounds like BBC1 could be coming from the TV rather than the set top box.

On the TV remote there should be a TV/AV or source button, please ensure it is on the relevant HDMI or SCART input and let us know how this goes.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
AKenny
Hooked

Thanks @Jubby.  When she presses TV/AV it comes up with a tick by HDMI.  Then when she had pressed TV/AV she lost sound.  I suspect she has put the TV on TV now rather than HDMI but she is 85 and doesn't understand about such things!  Thanks for trying to help, she is giving up for tonight.  Hopefully someone will be able to sort it out for her tomorrow.

Jubby
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Hi again @AKenny

No problem, I fully appreciate this can be difficult for her.

I'm sure that if the set top box has frozen, turning the power off and back on will fix it. If it doesn't or the issue re-occurs, feel free to get back in touch so we can investigate further.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
AKenny
Hooked

Thank you @Jubby, I really appreciate your help.