cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView Baic Package - Included with Unlimited Fibre, or £5pm?

Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

YouView Baic Package - Included with Unlimited Fibre, or £5pm?

Hi all. I was on the YouView trial some years back. After the trial ended I was told I could keep the box, which I did but as part of renovating houses, moving houses and having kids the box ended up packed away in the loft. 

Recently our Freesat box has given up, which prompted me to dig the YouView box out of storage. It still works and has performed a software update, factory reset and channel scan to bring it back to almost new condition. When scanning for channels I remembered about the channels in addition to normal Freeview. This page of the plusnet website - https://www.plus.net/tv/ suggests the basic channels are included with Fibre Unlimited, but also talks about a £5pm charge. Is this for the service or the box? If it is for the box, can I get my old box added back to the service so I can watch the odd programme on Discovery channel and the other basic channels?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Fixes: 1,071

Re: YouView Baic Package - Included with Unlimited Fibre, or £5pm?

It's definitely £5ppm extra - it's not included in any packages.
You need a fibre connection speed of 15mbps or faster to have it as well.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks. I thought this was the case, but wasn't sure. I'll probably leave it then. I get some of these channels through my NowTV entertainment package, so probably not worth paying another £5 for the same ones again. 

Highlighted
Rising Star

Whilst Nowtv entertainment pack costs £8.99 ok you get to watch limited sky channels but no sport unless you pay extra..

With plus net tv if you have fibre broadband unlimited you get all the channels you want for £5pm(ok no sky so what ) but you also get bt sports lite which cover premier league games ( when they resume) and other extra channels .

So perhaps you should contact plusnet and see if you can reduce the £5 PM they do listen to your options and you may get a surprise. 

If you have not got fibre broadband currently from plusnet l would suggest you contact them to get a deal on tv and fibre broadband.

Hope this helps