Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You View Remote

FIXED
gws20
Hooked
Fixes: 1

You View Remote

I have followed the instructions on how to set up the remote to control the tv. At Step 3 it turns the TV off but will not turn it on again. I have tried the OK trick but that does not work either. The BT remote works perfectly OK but of course will not acivate My TV. The You View remote controls the You View Box .Is it a fault in the You View remote?

10 REPLIES 10
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 113

Re: You View Remote

Hi there, results using the YouView remote to control a TV can vary depending on the TV being used. Is the remote working OK in terms of powering the YouView box on and off etc? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gws20
Hooked

The remote controls the You View box but will not connect to the TV

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 113

Can you let us know the make and model of the TV please and I'll do some digging and see what I can find out.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gws20
Hooked

The TV is a Panasonic TX-L26C10B. My BT remote controls the TV and the You View box but will not connect to My TV.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 36

Hi @gws20,

We can send you another remote to see if it is going to make a difference although it is unlikely to be an issue with the remote.

It could just be that the remote does not work well the the brand of TV you have which I am afraid we cannot help with.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
gws20
Hooked

The BT remote looks identical to the You View and that I set up without a problem. Seems strange that the Plusnet version does not. I am not sure a replacement one will be any better but we can try. I will return it if there is no joy.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 36

I have created a ticket on your account @gws20.

Please click here to view my response.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
gws20
Hooked

The new remote has arrived but will not control the TV either. After pressing TV and TV AV I get the three blinks but the blue light remains on.

As the result is the same I will return the remote if you can give me the return address.

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 127

Returns details here.

Regarding the issue you're experiencing, I take from your replies that you've read this? - https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/6029547/controlling-panasonic-tv-with-bt-youview-re...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Highlighted
gws20
Hooked

Fix

Thanks bobpullen I had not seen that thread. Took the battery out after switching off step and remote works. Thanks for the help all.