Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YVM607

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

YVM607

So turned over to Sy-Fy this morning:

"Sorry you can't watch this program on your TV as content protection could not be enabled"

Crazy2

5 REPLIES
DS
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: YVM607

Out of pure curiosity I've just this second tried that channel too.

Somethings not right, but I get a different message....

Channel unavailable

This channel is currently unavailable.

For more information and help, press OK.

IPC6007

(will check the code shortly).

edit. Pressed OK....

Subscribe now to watch SyFy

This channel is not available with your current YouView TV from Plusnet subscription.

To upgrade, call Plusnet on 0800 023 4432 or go to plus.net/tv/channelpacks

Very annoyed right now - when I signed up, it went wrong, when I reported it (and PN opened a zillion tickets) it went wrong, when it was fixed they thought it was wrong, they cancelled it it went wrong, they created a new account it was right, they think it was wrong and it was right, it was fine and they sent various emails saying it was cancelled, it was working without TV showing on my account, it went wrong. Plus add TSG somewhere in there too. I thought it was OK even though it's still missing from my portal, nope you guessed it.

DS
Pro

@SteveA I guess you've checked your error code, but if not:

High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) is a system which encrypts the signal passing through the HDMI cable connecting your TV set and YouView box. HDCP requires authentication from both devices and if this fails, the signal fails producing this error message.

1. Reboot your equipment

Switch off your Plusnet router, BT Openreach modem and set top box either via the wall socket or the power switch on the back of each unit (where applicable).

Then, after 30 seconds:

• Switch the BT Openreach modem back on and wait until the DSL light turns green
    • Switch on your Plusnet router and wait for the Internet light to turn green
    • Finally switch your set top box on, and check if you're still having problems
  2. Check the cables

Make sure the HDMI cable is connected securely at both ends. The quickest way to do this is remove and reconnect the cable.

If your TV has more than one HDMI port, try using that one instead (remember to change the input source on your TV to the corresponding socket).

If you're able to, switch the HDMI cable out for another one and try again.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I power cycled them both ... Never ever seen this message before and all I did was change channels on the YV box.....

DS
Pro

IIRC the same could happen on the NOWTV box.

In your case, it does sound like the YV box 'saw' a recordable device also connected to the TV and thought you were trying to copy data from it to the recordeable device, hence the message.

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

SteveA wrote:

I power cycled them both ... Never ever seen this message before and all I did was change channels on the YV box.....

I get this one in every 100-500 times! Seems occasionally the TV isnt sending or picking up (not sure what sends what to who!) the HDCP, reboots and turn on tv then stb usually fixes it. I've had it on both Sky and Youview.