cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOUVIEW BOX availability

Hooked

YOUVIEW BOX availability

Hi All, just joined Plusnet. I have joined partly because I want YOUVIEW. Been with Plusnet just over a week now, so phoned Customer services to order a box, but was told they have an issue with Openreach ( this conveyed to me by someone in the TV division). I was then told that my line speed is OK, but they would need to call me back re availability, and they could not give me a timescale on this.

This seems rather odd,and quite disturbing, does anyone know if there is an underlying problem here, If I cant get YOUVIEW, then the whole point of me leaving the Big V is negated. 

18 REPLIES 18

Re: YOUVIEW BOX availability

After many hours (5 or so) of listening to PlusNets infuriating Christmas hold music, I can confirm that there is an underlying issue with the TV service and *no given ETA on a resolve.

I moved to a different flat downstairs and they cancelled my TV contract (despite my negotiating a new contract prior to moving).

Now they tell me that their system is incorrectly reporting 0mb linespeed when they try to apply TV to the package, meaning they can't activate it.

After several calls, they agreed to give me an update today (Monday 21st December).

That update came in the form of my case being closed on the website portal with a message saying they know there is an issue 🤦‍🤦‍.

New house, no aerial and no YouView channels. Looks like Xmas TV will be huddled around a laptop this year.

God that hold music is torture.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 963

Thanks for your post @Hirsty and @imadosser 

I'm sorry for the issues with taking out YouView. Unfortunately we've got a system issue logged we're investigating to get to the bottom of the problem as soon as we can so we can start taking orders again for the service. 

Really sorry for the issues. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Pro
Fixes: 7

@imadosser 

Hi. Could you connect the laptop to your TV?

Dave

Hi @Gandalf,

I don't suppose you might have any news regarding this issue?

Regards,

Jack

Hooked

When I contacted them about it I was told I can’t order it as my contract is “too new” and they would call me back in a month.
Grafter
Fixes: 1

There are a couple of people on another thread who have been told that the Plusnet TV service is being withdrawn, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the "problem".... But we'll wait and see what happens!

Thanks for the heads-up Mr Mitch
Hooked

@MrMitch,

do you have anymore info on this issue, if this is true, I will be seriously p..sed off. I only joined P/net for YOUVIEW, as i like the programme mix that comes as standard. 

If this is the case, I`m going back to Virgin, and no doubt take battle with Plusnet on their less than decent transparancy on conveying this. 

I do hope I am wrong, anyone got anything to add.

By all accounts, Gandolf seems to be the chap who is most helpfull on a lot of this, I would appreciate hearing from him, does he know what is happening?

Hirsty

Grafter

Hi Hirsty.

Not really, unfortunately.

The only information I have has been from the thread on this forum called End of Plusnet TV (just a couple of posts down from this one).

https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/End-of-Plusnet-TV/td-p/1772753
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us everybody.

I'm sorry for the delay with getting this problem fixed. From what I can see the incident is still open and under investigation. Unfortunately the delay thus far is likely due to the festive season. Apologies again for the delay.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Hooked

Thanks for the reply Gandalf,

just a simple question please, is Plusnet scrapping YouView or not?

Hirsty

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @Hirsty 

I'm not aware of a plan to discontinue YouView. 

If there are changes such as this to our TV offering, I'm sure we'd tell everybody through the more official means.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Grafter

Hi Hirsty, just wondering if you have managed to get any further signing up to PNTV?

Hooked

Hi Mr Mitch

yes I have news today, go to the main Plusnet website, click on the entertainment tab, and a message comes down saying Youwview is nolonger available from Jan 19th, but you van get it if you order before then