cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the BT Sport App work on a Desktop PC

tcj1971
Grafter

Will the BT Sport App work on a Desktop PC

Received an email for this promotion today where you can get BT Sports for £2.50 for 6 months

https://www.plus.net/sportapp/?promotionCode=1718btsappoffer1

Will it also work on my Windows 10 Desktop PC by putting my login details in at the BT Sport login page in my browser (Chrome or Firefox)

Thanks

17 REPLIES
bmc
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Will the BT Sport App work on a Desktop PC

If you have the BT Sport app you can watch it on-line or via the app. I primarily use my phone and Chromecast to send a picture to my TV.

Note that if you watch it on-line it demands access to third party tracking cookies - I normally have these blocked by default. So if I use my Chromebook for viewing I immediately wipe all cookies afterwards to ensure nothings left that I don't like. Means I have to sign in each time but I prefer that.

Brian

tcj1971
Grafter

Thanks

I have my Samsung phone but the screen is only small and I do not have Chromecast

So just to clarify, is it possible to log into BT Sports on my Desktop PC and watch on there? I assume with you saying on-line then I can

Cheers

RJM
Rising Star

I should double-check.

If I remember correctly, you have to have BT Broadband/Line rental to watch on-line.

Non BT customers do not have that privilege as they only have the basic service.

tcj1971
Grafter

Add BT Sport App from Plusnet to your account for £2.50 a month (for 6 months), £5.00 thereafter

To add the BT Sport App from Plusnet, simply check through the Terms and Conditions below and click to add to your account. You'll then be sent an email to explain how to create your BT ID login. You will need these log in details to access content on the App and online player.

Found this regarding online player Smiley

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45893/~/setting-up-the-bt-sport-online-player

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

the simple answer is yes! I get BT Sport through my PNet subscription and have the App working on my Desktop 

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
bmc
Pro
Fixes: 3

Yes, you can watch on-line - so long as you're happy to allow third party tracker cookies.

As a PlusNet customer you can get the BT Sport app. I had planned to get PlusNet TV to get this but I found out I can't get the TV service  as I'm on FTTP  (back office systems are not integrated with the FTTP trial). However, I then discovered you can get the BT Sport app on it's own and duly did so. It worked fine on my ADSL (around 6.7 down) connection and I've had no problems since I moved to FTTP.

A Chromecast dongle is around £30. If you have a spare HDMI slot on your TV I would highly recommend this. I find it far better than watching on-line.

Brian

tcj1971
Grafter

It has always been a case of shall I get one or wait a bit with a Chromecast. See what offers are around on black friday

Might take a punt on this offer for the sake of £2.50 a month. I assume it is cancel at anytime?

RJM
Rising Star

I stand corrected.

With the Plusnet offering do you get access to all the BT Sport channels?

tcj1971
Grafter

Looks like you can get them all

What's on BT Sport

• BT Sport is the only place you can watch UEFA Champions League & UEFA Europa League Live
  • 42 exclusive live Premier League matches per season
  • Up to 24 exclusive live matches from the Emirates FA Cup
  • 30 exclusive live matches from the Scottish Premiership
  • World, European, British and Commonwealth title fights
  • All 69 live televised matches from Aviva Premiership Rugby, plus the European Rugby Champions Cup with 35 exclusively lives games
  • Plus WTA Tennis, Ultimate Fighting Championship, MotoGPTM, World Rally Championship, Indy Car Series, NBA, MLB and much more
  • Top-flight league football from around the world including Bundesliga, Seria A, Ligue 1 and Brasileiro

Full access to BT Sport on the move

The BT Sport App for smartphones and tablets allows BT Sport subscribers to watch BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, BT Sport 3, ESPN and BoxNation on BT Sport live and on the go.

Keep up to date with BT Sport's growing line-up of live events including UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, Premier League, Aviva Premiership, European Rugby Champions Cup, SPL, Bundesliga, Serie A, WTA tennis, MotoGPTM and UFC, with video highlights, news, fixtures, results and more.

The app was completely redesigned ahead of the 2016-17 football season, making it easier than ever to follow your favourite sports. Plus, you'll be able to watch all 42 of BT Sport's live Premier League matches in our enhanced video player.

The enhanced player, which is also available for UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League matches, offers in-game match highlights, alternative angle replays and a wealth of in-match stats.

Completely redesigned for the 2016-17 season

In-game stats for our biggest live football matches

Live streaming of all BT Sport channels
Relive all the action with clips and full-programme catch-up
Browni
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 33

tcj1971 wrote:

Will it also work on my Windows 10 Desktop PC by putting my login details in at the BT Sport login page in my browser (Chrome or Firefox)

Yes, Screenshot from Windows 10.

Btsport.jpg

I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
RJM
Rising Star

I am with John Lewis - unfortunately, they can't offer me the BT Sport app.

albert
Grafter

I watch BT Sports on my PC - but it's not reliable. I keep getting error messages. When I phoned BT they said contact PlusNet. So far I've not managed to get through. I've tried removing cookies but it hasn't made any difference. It says I have too many live streams running but as far as I know I haven't got any.

tcj1971
Grafter

With Black Friday deals upon us and particularly the Amazon Fire Stick. Does anyway know if the BT App will work on one of these

Cannot get a definite answer looking about on the internet,. Some say yes and some say no not now

Browni
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 33

From Plusnet FAQs

How will I be able to watch the BT Sport App from Plusnet?

As part of the BT Sport app from Plusnet package (and as part of taking the BT Sport channel pack) you get access to BT Sport via the BT Sport App and the BT online player.

The BT Sport App works on most phones and tablets. It is also castable so you can watch it on your TV as long as you have a device that can receive the signal, such as a Chromecast or Fire TV stick.

I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.