cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best option for me?

chev_chelios

What's the best option for me?

Hello everyone, 

I'm just in the process of switching over to Plusnet from BT. The switch should be completed on the 26th. What brought me here is the TV package. 

What I need is BT Sport 2 HD (Motogp). Preferably with a youview box, although I could do with just the app (to watch live races or the "spoiler free replays").

I already have a youwiev box from my current/ending BT subscription, would I need to get a new one? 

What is the most cost efficient way to get BTSport2 HD?

Cheers! 

4 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 165

Re: What's the best option for me?

Welcome to the community forums @chev_chelios,

chev_chelios wrote:

I already have a youwiev box from my current/ending BT subscription, would I need to get a new one?

Whilst your old box may work, we wouldn't be able to make any guarantees of that and we would always provide one of the variants of our YouView box when a customer takes TV with us.

chev_chelios wrote:

What is the most cost efficient way to get BTSport2 HD?

If you were to take BT Sport over YouView with us, we'd also provide you with access to the app along side this, however if you just want the app and not the rest of the TV channels etc. that's always an option too.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Get the bt sport app and a chromecast
Your BT box will work just fine but it will cost you less to get the app and a chromecast and you wont need a subscription
Obviously if you watch other subscription channel you should get YouView basic package (If you have a recording bt box keep that one)
chev_chelios

Thanks,
So what you're saying is that my current Youview box from BT will still work after my BT contract ends (just the freeview channels and recording)?

This would be perfect as I have my PC connected to the tv, I wouldn't have to get chromecast etc.

Would the app give me access to the live races and spoiler free replays on bt's website?

Cheers
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Yes youview box continue to work after a reboot the logo syncs up and you are good
For what concern watching bt with a computer its fine too