cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Part number of the Humax box used by Plusnet

mhoneywill

What is the Part number of the Humax box used by Plusnet

Hi 

I'm interested in the TV package from Plusnet and from what I gather its costs an extra £5 on top of my existing fibre internet cost.

I'm trying to determine what the specs of the TV PVR box are that is supplied, so I can look up reviews of it. I've just phoned plusnet and after a 25 minute wait for an answer all they were able to tell me was its made by Humax. No part number or anything.

Please can someone help me with this?

Can it record 2 or 3 things at the same time?

Can it play back a previously recorded show whilst, recording other channels?

What are the Season record facilities like, can you stop it recording duplicates of shows?

Is there anyway to download shows for viewing offline (Like the old Topfield boxes)

Thanks for you help

Regards

Martin

4 REPLIES
PeeGee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: What is the Part number of the Humax box used by Plusnet

1. You can only record two channels at a time - from whatever source. You can, of course, playback a recording or view another channel while recording two channels, though to record 2 channels and view a third you are limited to:
- 2 internet channels and 1 freeview channel
- 2 freeview channels and 1 internet channel
- 3 freeview channels from 2 multiplexes; a combination such as bbc1, bbc2 and c4
2. You can record and playback at the same time.

3. Do any systems prevent duplicate recording? From memory, only a few channels seem to record duplicates as series and/or always record the first broadcast ignoring the day/time of the first recording.

4. Not looked for that.

Phil

Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link TD-W9980 modem-router.
jafreer
Rising Star

I recently signed up for the TV package and the box I received was a Youview DTR-T2120.

Rosieposie

I have just signed up with Plusnet changing over from  BT. Activation to start in two weeks time. BT assured me that I can still use the Youview box to record like I do now.  Having read one or two posts on here I'm not too sure!! Will it still work?  My plan was to buy a Humax until BT said Youview would work.

PeeGee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

You can continue to use your YouView box as a Freeview box, including recording. It is the internet channels that are internet service dependent (including, I suspect, playback of recordings - I have not been in that situation).

Phil

Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link TD-W9980 modem-router.