cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to customer service?

Seamos
Grafter

Re: What happened to customer service?

For the record I am being told I should wait for the person managing the ticket to respond when they return, in this case Helen. I have had to point out that Helen hasn’t responded to me for a week (but then again she responded without paying attention to what I had written), and that I was responding to the person who had contacted me.
I have been told that to get me the BT Sport App my account will have to effectively be reset meaning I may lose access to BT Sport. I asked how long this would be for and if there was any alternative way to access BT Sport. The latter question was answered in the negative, the first question was not answered.
I presume that there is some management structure within Plusnet and that there is some monitoring of customer feedback. If there is anyone out there who can fix things I’d love to hear from you.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 319

Thanks for getting back to us @Seamos

Ultimately whilst you have access to all the TV channel packs this appears to only be on the backend system and you aren't actually being billed for these.

This is why you've been unable to gain access to the BT Sport app as according to our systems you don't have access to it even though you do have access.

If we were to try to add it now it would most likely fail because of you already having access to it on one system and the order may get stuck.

As a result of this, the safest option is to temporarily remove the extra channel packs and then readd them. This, in turn, should generate the e-mail for you to access the BT Sport app

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Seamos
Grafter

It seems to be a feature of Plusnet “Help team” that there is a reluctance to answer questions. So let’s try again......how long is temporary? 

Given that this is a commercial relationship how about you guarantee a compensation figure commensurate with any loss of service.

You could then add this to the compensation for the time I have spent trying tho get PLUSNET to fix the problem. I have already advised of the 9 hours spent on the phone to which you can add the time on this forum and the help assistant. At a fair rate of the national minimum wage, I reckon we rate just shy of £100, before we take account of the failure to provide services and the fact that Plusnet staff have failed to respond to messages, failed to make promised telephone calls, and a goodwill gesture for mucking me about for the last 3 months.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 40

Hello @Seamos,

I have updated your ticket with more detail. I can assure you that we would like to progress forward in getting this issue resolved and once this has occurred, our manager Helen will discuss the overall complaint with your to bring it to an amicable resolution. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 SammyM
 Plusnet Help Team
Seamos
Grafter

For the record, the answer to my repeated question is that I won’t be told how long I will be without BT Sport until I agree to give it up, and even then it will be an “estimate”. Hardly fills you with confidence, given that we are 3 months into trying to resolve this problem.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 40

Hello @Seamos,

I can understand your feeling behind this and I have updated the ticket further.

SammyM
 Plusnet Help Team
Seamos
Grafter

I have now had the fourth different person contact me in the last week. Finally got an answer to my question on how long it would take, albeit that the answer was “we don’t know”, but still a refusal to discuss compensation in advance of another delay. It is one of my big bug bears that companies train staff to believe that company policy is written in tablets of stone. 

This was my reply: The standard of service has been awful. I am fed up hearing how someone will take over my complaint and make sure it is dealt with. I understand that on technical issues there may be some uncertainty over timescales but there is no reason, other than company policy, as to why compensation cannot be discussed now. If you cannot discuss the issue of compensation then please pass this to someone who can. So can you arrange for someone to contact me tomorrow? Thanks.

Seamos
Grafter

Reply received today explaining to me why compensation can’t be paid just now......company policy. I really do despair when people don’t read messages before responding. I have not asked for immediate payment of compensation, only discussion of it. But then again my experience is that it may be company policy to not answer customer questions.
Plusnet Alumni (retired) OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Seamos,  

We're sorry that you are unhappy with our response but there is no further information we can provide you at this time. 

You have requested a breakdown of compensation of which we do not provide, we do not have specific guides on what compensation we offer for certain circumstances, this is looked into on an individual basis and is offered as a refund or gesture of goodwill, in some circumstances both. 

We are not currently part of the Ofcom automatic compensation scheme. Typically if downtime has been experienced and you have been paying for a service you have not been receiving we work out your monthly bill (for said service) divide this by 30 days and multiply by the days downtime has been experienced for. As we wouldn’t expect you to pay for a service you haven’t received. 

At present your issues have not been resolved so we cannot provide you with a refund for the downtime as this would not represent a true reflection. We do not provide gestures of goodwill until an issue has been resolved either, this is because the value you in which we would determine as gesture would be from when the issue started to when the issue was resolved. Both a refund and gesture of goodwill will be discussed at the point of resolution of the issue.

Kind Regards

Seamos
Grafter

I received a message last week with the activation for the BT Sport App and it worked for a couple of days....The account was also working so what went wrong? I was reassured that when the account was freed up it would be possible to ass the BT Sports App. Clearly whoever has been dealing with this, or the Plusnet system is not up to the job.

I am being asked to supply my security details, date of birth and mother’s maiden name as these will be needed by BT. What I don’t understand is why I was able to log in last week without supplying this information. Given that this information is sensitive from a security perspective I am extremely reluctant to provide it through the help assistant as it would mean anyone with access to this forum, which has been a lot of people in my case. It is highly irregular for such a request hence my concern.

It’s now over 4 months, no BT Sport App and my billing has been closed for the second time. Seems to be there is an issue with plusnet.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 63

Hello @Seamos,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can certainly understand your concern with numerous people seeing the details we've requested - I'd like to reassure you this will only be Plusnet and no others. Once you've dropped the requested info via the open complaints ticket please give us a nudge here and we can pick it up from there.

Thanks.

Maddy S
 Plusnet Help Team

Seamos
Grafter

Didn’t have the time or energy to respond earlier as once again my point didn’t seem to be understood. Had a look at Plusnet Privacy policy, which it turns out is the BT Group policy and it states quite clearly that any information provided to Plusnet is automatically available to BT.

However, I did receive a message from BT to activate my BT Sports App. Followed all the steps and guess what it didn’t work. Over to you!

On a separate matter I have now had money taken from my account, without advance email notification of the bill for higher that the contracted amount. I have contacted by phone and am awaiting a resolution. 

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 854

Thanks for getting back to us @Seamos

I've been looking into this and I can see we did provide you with an advance notification of your bill, I've added more detail onto your support ticket regarding this matter and that of your BT Sport App. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Seamos
Grafter

My apologies regarding the notification of the bill, I checked my spam folder and for some reason it had gone there. Thank you also for the refund of incorrect charges. 

I received notification of the set up of my BT Sport app, and it worked (without me having to supply security details in advance). You will notice I said it “worked” which it did for a day......it has now ceased working. One possible explanation being-

“Service Notification
12:55am, Monday 6 Jan 2020

BT Sports App has been ceased. This was setup indirectly via another component - YouView+ with Entertainment Pack”

I am genuinely not making this up. Has the PLUSNET system been hacked and taken over by a competitor trying to get customers to change suppliers? Answers on the back of a postcard.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 854

I’ll admit I’m a bit puzzled in regards to what’s happening with the TV components on your account, it seems a bit of a mess to be honest. I can’t remember when I planned to review this again, but let me look into this tomorrow. 

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team