Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to customer service?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 730

Re: What happened to customer service?

Thanks for getting back to us @Seamos 

I understand the frustration and the experience you've had however there's no manager who'd be able to do anything different to what I can do in this instance. Could you advise what you'd be expecting a manager to do with this in mind?

My manager isn't responsible for fixing the problem, that's worked on by our billing engineers and managed by our incident management team. Again as I've said there's nothing we can do to speed this up. If you'd still want a manager to contact you can you advise when you'd be free for a call tomorrow and I'll be happy to arrange this. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Seamos
Grafter

I am beginning to lose patience with you. I know you and the rest of your colleagues can’t fix this problem, I’m the one who has spent 4 weeks and 9 hours on the phone getting fobbed off. You have now joined the list. Either you don’t understated what I am saying or you are being deliberately obstructive.

I asked about a 100% discount and you say this can’t be applied because Plusnet can’t access their own systems. Is it it beyond you to work out that the question can be answered now and the discount applied when you manage to sort out your systems. As I said in that message, if you can’t authorise it, then pass it to someone who can.

Likewise I have repeatedly asked for a compensation if I am erroneously charged for the non-return of equipment. You and your colleagues have not answered this.

In response you suggested you could escalate it, but now you are saying it would be a waste of time. I find myself in a position where I can probably take your word for it as no one has been able to deal with this matter. 

Do you not I understand that mucking a customer about for 4 weeks and then telling them it could take a year to fix is not a great service.

Not answering questions doesn’t make them go away, it just displeases customers.

I will be available for a call tomorrow afternoon from a manager who can address these questions and why I am getting such awful service.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @Seamos I'm sorry to see you feel that way. I completely get the frustration this causes and when I mentioned billing accounts being suspended for a year I wasn't specifically referring to your account. I was merely giving an example to set expectations, I do apologise if this caused concern and I do hope it doesn't take that long to fix.

To be clear, as per one of my previous responses you will not be charged for the non-return of equipment so no compensation is necessary. Discounts cannot be added to an account when billing is suspended, because they will not apply. This isn't a matter of someone authorising it, this is a technical limitation.

Once this is resolved we will discuss a fair and proportionate gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience. As a rule we don't discuss this sooner because we don't know how long it'll go on for. We'd wait for the issue to be resolved first so we can assess how long the problem had occurred and with that in mind we can work out what is both fair and proportionate. 

As requested I'll arrange for a manager to call you back tomorrow, as there are no managers on my floor tonight, I've added this onto the morning handover for someone to arrange this on my behalf. Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Seamos
Grafter

@Gandalf wrote:

To be clear, as per one of my previous responses you will not be charged for the non-return of equipment so no compensation is necessary.

Given that you cannot access my account I am surprised at your confidence that I will not be charged. If you are so confident then please agree to my request if I’m not going to be charged there is nothing to lose.

Discounts cannot be added to an account when billing is suspended, because they will not apply. This isn't a matter of someone authorising it, this is a technical limitation.

Are you being deliberately obstructive? I quite clearly stated in my message - “Is it it beyond you to work out that the question can be answered now and the discount applied when you manage to sort out your systems.”

So what bit of this do you not understand? And as a side matter please pass your message to your colleague who last week offered “a goodwill” reduction in my account even though he couldn’t access it. 

Once this is resolved we will discuss a fair and proportionate gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience.

I am not talking about a goodwill gesture, I am talking about you not delivering the contracted service, not a goodwill gesture, PLEASE READ MY MESSAGES

As a rule we don't discuss this sooner because we don't know how long it'll go on for. We'd wait for the issue to be resolved first so we can assess how long the problem had occurred and with that in mind we can work out what is both fair and proportionate. 

Well I wish to discuss it now. Perhaps if Plusnet were to agree reduced charges for failure to deliver service until the service is provided there would be a greater determination to get things done. Also please remember that I only sought a discount on the monthly charge when you told me you had no idea how long it would take to fix. 

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @Seamos 

Given that you cannot access my account I am surprised at your confidence that I will not be charged. If you are so confident then please agree to my request if I’m not going to be charged there is nothing to lose.

I think there's a bit of confusion here, we can access your account and I've not advised we can't.

There are no open tickets with the appropriate team to monitor the return of your YouView box and as a result it is highly unlikely you will be charged for not returning the equipment.

However if in the unlikely event you do receive notification of a charge then I will see this, because I monitoring your account and I'll ensure that this charge is credited off before it even reaches your bill.  With this in mind, you won't get charged and as such we will not be in a position to provide compensation if you simply receive a notification in error.

Are you being deliberately obstructive? I quite clearly stated in my message - “Is it it beyond you to work out that the question can be answered now and the discount applied when you manage to sort out your systems.”

So what bit of this do you not understand? And as a side matter please pass your message to your colleague who last week offered “a goodwill” reduction in my account even though he couldn’t access it. 

I can see on the 10th you've been offered a goodwill gesture and was incorrect because goodwill gestures should be discussed once a problem is resolved however I'll be happy to take what you were offered into account when the time comes.

I am not talking about a goodwill gesture, I am talking about you not delivering the contracted service, not a goodwill gesture, PLEASE READ MY MESSAGES

What you are referring to is in fact a goodwill gesture. We are not going to be charging you for a service you've not had and when we are able to provide you with the BT Sport App we will be happy to give you a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience we've caused over the weeks or months of you not being able to use the App. 

Well I wish to discuss it now. Perhaps if Plusnet were to agree reduced charges for failure to deliver service until the service is provided there would be a greater determination to get things done. Also please remember that I only sought a discount on the monthly charge when you told me you had no idea how long it would take to fix. 

I'm afraid that's not the way things work. If for example we do discuss a gesture of goodwill and agree this with you now, it will not have any bearing on the problem affecting your account causing it to be in suspended billing. There is nothing we can discuss with you that will influence that problem.

Ultimately I can see we're going round in circles and as you've requested a manager escalation and I've arranged this, I'll leave this in the hands of the manager who calls you back tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Seamos,

My name is Helen and I'm one of the managers here within the Social Media Team.

I've attempted to call you today to discuss your complaint, but unfortunately I was unable to reach you. As such, I've left a message on your Voicemail. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the experience you've had with us and I'd love to discuss this further with you. If you could let me know a time that's best for me to call you, I'll do all I can to adhere to this. My working hours today and tomorrow are 9:00 - 17:30. I'm also in the office on Sunday between 10:30 - 19:00.

Kind Regards

Helen Pl
 Plusnet Help Team-Team Leader
Seamos
Grafter

@HelenPl 

I’m sorry I couldn’t take your call yesterday as I was driving.

As far as making a call to me today or Sunday I am not sure why you are calling me as you are a manger in the Social Media Team. My difficulty is not with social media, but with Plusnet’s failure to deliver a contractual service, inability to give an estimate on how long it will take to resolve and failure to answer questions.

My questions have been closed on the Help Assistant but have not been answered hence my desire to speak a manger with some level of authority.

If my interpretation of what @Gandalf says is correct, as you are in the social media team you are unlikely to have the authority to instruct other areas of the business on application of a discount.

Should I be wrong on this point then please feel free to call me today anytime after 1000.

Otherwise can you pass my outstanding issues to a manger within the appropriate are of work.

Thank you.

Seamos
Grafter

So no response then.......”What happened to customer service?” 

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Seamos

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m sorry for the delay in my response.

Within Plusnet the staff who manage our social media pages form part of our Customer Advocate department, and also form part of our senior service team. My job title is ‘Customer Advocate Team Leader’, this title covers Social Media Team Leaders and High Level Escalation Team Leaders. That means that I deal with the highest levels of complaints within Plusnet ranging from complaints directly into CEO all the way to escalations on our social media platforms. I can assure you that I'll be the best person within Plusnet to resolve your complaint.  

I’m sorry that I didn’t call you today, would it be possible for me to give you a call on Sunday to try and resolve this complaint for you?

Helen Pl
 Plusnet Help Team-Team Leader
Seamos
Grafter

I’m not all that surprised that I didn’t get a call on Friday, it has happened to me on numerous occasions over the last few weeks, Plusnet living up to its usual customer service standards.

I have asked that the issue be escalated to a manger who has the authority to respond to my requests for a 100% discount to be applied until such time as my contracted services are fully delivered. My reasoning is contained in earlier messages. 

I also wish agreement that if I am charged £99 pounds for the non return of a box which I do not need to return then I will receive immediate refund AND an equivalent sum by way of compensation. Your colleague has said I will not be charged but given the hopeless state of billing for my account, I have no confidence in this promise. If you are so sure I will not be charged, it should not be a problem promising me a compensation payment. 

I have also asked for confirmation that the box I have returned has been received.

If you are able agree my requests then please confirm. If you are not in a position to do so please refer the matter to someone who has the authority. 

Throughout the last four weeks I have been passed from pillar to post with departments declaring responsibility for only their area of work. If I am wrong in my assumptions regarding your position, then I apologise and will be delighted to hear from you. What I cannot understand is why, having asked on numerous occasions to speak to someone who is able to hear a complaint, I have been robbed off so many times. Have a listed to some of my many phone calls and hear me being told that there is no point in raising the matter further or that all staff who take calls deal with complaints. I specifically asked if anyone dealt with complaints about the general level of service, or who took an overview approach to get things done. I was told no. Make of that what you will.

I am not available for a call tomorrow so would be obliged if you could respond in writing.

Seamos
Grafter

I received a response from @HelenPl but as she did not post it here it I will not attach it. Here is my reply:

It would have been nice if you had answered my questions directly but I am getting used to such responses. My understanding is that if the billing issue is resolved within 90 days then I will be responsible for payment. I object most strongly to the continued reference to “goodwill gesture” but again I am getting used to it. You will see from previous questions that it has already been agreed that my 14 days cooling off period will not commence until full services have been delivered. I will therefore sit tight in the hope that Plusnet can get it’s act together before too long.

So still no further forward. 

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @Seamos 

I think that the fact we're no further forward is because no-one within the customer support centre can influence the problem your account is affected by or give you anymore information that I've not given you already.

Looks like @HelenPl's out of the office at the moment, but I'm sure she'll get back to you as soon as possible and once the billing issue is resolved I'm also sure she'll be able to come to an amicable resolution with yourself.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Seamos Not long ago we've discovered a fairly recent process where we can request BT to manually build a BT Sport App on their systems regardless of what shows or doesn't show on our own systems.

If you'd still want the BT Sport App we'd just need a bit of information from yourself to pass onto BT to arrange this. Could fill out the short template I've added/partially filled to your ticket 193369056 letting me know once you've done this?

We'll then get this arranged for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Seamos
Grafter

I have replied but for the public record I’m not sure that the template is appropriate as you asking me to provide security information which you would pass on to a third party.

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Seamos we’d pass it on to our suppliers which shouldn’t be any different than passing information onto our suppliers for a broadband fault. If you’re not comfortable in us passing this onto our suppliers, we’ll wait until the system issue is resolved. 

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team