Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to customer service?

Highlighted
Seamos
Grafter

What happened to customer service?

I renewed my contract a few weeks ago and am still waiting to get the BT Sport App activated. I have been on the phone every couple of days and get shunted from one department to another but still no joy. I have logged my dissatisfaction as complaints on at least 4 occasions but still nothing. 

I have been asked to send back an old TV box which is now mine, was sent a YouView+ box I haven’t asked for, can’t read the details of my account, can’t read full package details and have been waiting weeks to get all my contracted services up and running. I have also been told that I need to pay £10 for BT Sport App on top of BT Sport channels, until I pointed out that this is what I was promised and also gave the staff member the place on website where it says that the app is free if you pay for BT Sport along with Fibre broadband. It came as a surprise to him.

It is also ridiculous that no matter who you speak to they can only help with technical or billing or TV but never more that one of them. On the Help Assistant all I see is messages being bounced from one department to another with no one taking responsibility too get it sorted.

Does anyone know how to get to speak to someone who can get things done? 

44 REPLIES 44
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 83

Re: What happened to customer service?

Hi @Seamos,

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear of the poor experience that you've had in regards to the BT Sport app and that you have been given mixed messages as well as bounced around department. This certainly isn't the level of service that we aim to provide and I will pass on feedback about this.

I can see that, since making this post, you have spoken with several advisors and one has correctly raised this to our products team so that they can look into why we are getting a system error when trying to add the BT Sport channel pack to your account which would also give you app access. You should receive an update on this within the next five working days at the latest. I'm sorry that another advisor that you spoke to told you that you would need to pay an extra £10 a month to have the app access - I can confirm that this isn't the case and that the app access is included when you take the BT Sport channel pack on Youview.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Seamos
Grafter

Five working days for an issue that was raised 3 weeks ago, as I said what happened to customer service? During my least fruitful discussion earlier today I was told that I just have to wait until it is fixed. 

Seamos
Grafter

So having waited 4 hours for a call back from a manger, I decided I to call back. All mangers are in a meeting (as are the business managers) apparently I have to wait until around 5pm for a call back. I suppose if I have waited 3 weeks another hour isn't going to make much difference.

Seamos
Grafter

Except when it then becomes 2 hours ☹️

Seamos
Grafter

.....maybe 3 hours. Is there anyone there? 

Seamos
Grafter

I lost my nerve and decided to phone, that’s another 45 minutes of my life I won’t get back. Turns out that Business Mangers only work to 4 or 5 so there was no chance of one of them phoning me back after 5. So we are now at the stage of formally compl;airing about mangers not making the calls I am promised. Saga will continue tomorrow no doubt.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 40

Hi @Seamos, thanks for your patience.

It looks like you've since been in touch with our Support Team as per this ticket here and the issue has been escalated

Let us know if you need anything else

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Seamos
Grafter

@abails0105 Your message purports to respond to my question, the reality is that despite waiting from around 1300 until 2000 yesterday, I did not get a call back. Also despite the note on my account that I wished a call back from a manager this morning, I had to call back again. It became apparent during my call that the resolution promised yesterday, which was the same as that offered last Thursday, has not been actioned. I was also told that despite everything my issue will join the queue and that not priority can be given to my issue as it “is not a matter where life is at risk”. I fully accept that I can survive without BT Sport on my Ipad, but I don’t think it is too much to ask that my issue is given some priority given the incompetence of Plusnet’s systems and the failure of staff to respond.

So do I “need anything else”? I would like someone to fix a problem I reported 3 weeks ago, I would like answers to questions I raise on the Help Assistant, I would like people to phone back when promises are made, I would also like not being fobbed off very time I call.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 102

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I've spoken to a manager who is due to get in touch with you soon. 

Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Seamos
Grafter

@adamwalker  What is Plusnet's definition of "soon". It is now 2.5 hours since your message, and almost 4 hours since I spoke to one of your colleagues who assured me a manger would call me. I had suggested they take an hour to look into the matter rather than phoning right away as they would not be able to offer much help if they had not been able to get to the bottom of it.

Have the phones gone down? I feel as if I am stuck in a loop here.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 284

Thanks for getting back to us @Seamos.

I've chased this up and you should be receiving a call-back shortly,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Seamos
Grafter

Got a call back last night after the last response, at the same time as I was awaiting another call from Plusnet. Things sounded positive until I discovered the solution meant my BT Sport tv channels had gone. Nobody told me. I messaged back but no response. I called again today at 1530. Usual response of shuffling me about. So now after 3 weeks I have even less of a service and still no one keeps me advised either proactively or reactively. So 3 weeks and NINE hours of phone calls and I’m without contracted services. Hopeless.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 58

Hi @Seamos

I'm really sorry to hear that this is still ongoing.

I've asked my colleague [CSA Removed] to contact you as requested to get this resolved.

Best wishes

Dave

Moderators Note: CSA name removed as per Forum rules

Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team
Seamos
Grafter

@RandallFlagg If all you have to offer are platitudes then I wouldn’t bother responding to my messages. I asked your colleagues to respond to my questions, but needless to say, no one has done so. If you or any of your colleagues wish to respond here are some questions to be going on with.

Do you think it is reasonable that I have waited 3 weeks for the BT Sport App to be activated?

If not, do you think some priority should be given to fixing the problem?

Do you think it is reasonable that having been promised that the matter would be resolved or that I would be updated in 48 hours that I heard nothing for 5 days?

Do you think it was reasonable that I had to make contact after 5 days had elapsed without hearing anything?

Do you think that having again been promised the matter would be resolved within 48 hours that it is reasonable that I am unhappy that no priority would be given to resolving this matter?

Do you think it appropriate for a member of staff to tell me no priority could be given as it was “not a matter of life or death”?

Do you think it would be appropriate for a manager to call me as promised by the member of staff?

Do you think allowing 4 hours for a manger to call back is a reasonable time?

Do you think that 9 hours after being told a manger would call back that it was unreasonable to ask for a call before 1030 the next day?

Do you think it reasonable that no manager or member of staff called or emailed to say that no call to me would be made?

Do you think it is reasonable to be told that a fix was in place but not to be told that as a consequence my BT Sports and HD channels would be removed?

Do you think it is reasonable that having posed this question at 2010 on Wednesday no one replied and that I had to call at 1530 on Thursday?

Do you think it reasonable that despite asking for an email update, including timescales, all I see is an obscure message on the Help Assistant?

Do you think it is unreasonable for me to ask for written confirmation of what would be included in my bill due on 15 September?

Do you think it reasonable that 48 hours later I have not received this information?

Do you think it is reasonable that none of my requests for information have been provided whether requested over the phone or in messages on the Help Assistant?

Do you think it is reasonable that a customer has spent 9.5 hours in telephone conversation over a 3 week period trying to get a contracted service added?

Having read these questions, there is one final one.

Do you think that being “sorry” equates to good customer service?