cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a BT Freeview + set top box

amilne

Using a BT Freeview + set top box

I have a BT freeview + set top box, bought on E-Bay as a cheap way to get recordable Freeview. It is the recent (small) one with a 500GB drive, a DTRT2100 built for them by Humax. I was told in 2 chats I had today that it was (in one) and wasn't (in the other) suitable. I phoned to sign up and confirm whether it would work. I did sign up, and was advised that I would need a specific Plusnet set top box, so I'm getting one. A few hours after, I set the BT set top box to upgrade the software, and the entertainment channels showed up. The BT Sport lite is not there, but it will appear I suppose. I really did it to get recordable Eurosport.
However, the point is this; The BT Freeview+ set top box will most likely work, so no need to get the Plusnet one. If in any doubt, sign up for the service without the box first. If you cannot upgrade the software after a while, then is the time to order for the box, not before. Embarrassed Just wish I'd done that!
2 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: Using a BT Freeview + set top box

you can't take the PN service without their set top box.
Will Moderate For Thanks
auto98
Grafter

Re: Using a BT Freeview + set top box

Yes, just to confirm, there is no reason another box wouldn't work as long as it can be updated to our settings, however we can't support the service over anything other than our box, which is why you have to take our box when signing up.  Whether you then use it is up to you, but if you have problems you would need to see if they still occur through our box.