cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded my box other day & having sound issues.

robbieglover2k
Grafter

Upgraded my box other day & having sound issues.

Plusnet very kindly upgraded my Youview box to the Youview+ box where you can record etc.. which is great however after a while sound starts to stutter a lot, I have a Luxor TV and Sony sound bar which was absolutely fine with the previous Youview box (standard small one) and has only done this with the upgraded box as when it does this it makes the channel unwatchable.

Luckily I found a fix that simply changing the channel and then going back again fixes it so it's not too bad however is there a permanent fix as I don't want to have to keep doing this everytime it happens.

I have looked in the sound settings to see if stereo or surround would make a difference when it started doing it but it does it whichever setting it's on.

I've had a look at the reply in the message linked below but it all seems trial and error, does anyone else know more about this issue when it happens please, just so I can get it sorted really 😊

This person here has the same problem, I tried to reply to this thread here but it's locked, I found this by doing a Google search but I'm having the same problem.

BT Sport (SD & HD) Audio Stuttering: https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/BT-Sport-SD-amp-HD-Audio-Stuttering/td-p/1482698

Thanks, I really appreciate any insights and help 😊
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 94

Re: Upgraded my box other day & having sound issues.

Hi there, do you experience the same issue with the TV's built-in speaker as with the sound bar?

If you've not done so already it would be worth going through the checks here: https://www.plus.net/help/tv/ let us know how you get on.

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TheJayBee
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

robbieglover2k
Grafter

Thanks guys, I really appreciate that!! 

It seems to be ok now (random, I know) but it was quite bad that night which is why I Googled and found it was a fairly common thing with the boxes. I'm not overly sure @adamwalker if the same thing was happening with the speaker as it's really difficult for me to do, my TV is mounted on my wall and it's hard to get to the back of the TV to mess about changing wires etc.. and with it being a big TV too, I can't really take it down and put it back up on my own so I've not been able to do that however it was perfectly fine with the smaller box, it's perfectly fine with the PS4, Mini SNES and everything else really, was just the new box which I'd just got which it started doing it with however it's been completely fine and not done it since that night so hopefully it's just something that happened that night if you get what I mean and it's rectified itself.

Thanks so much for the kind help though too guys, I do sincerely genuinely appreciate it so thank you Smiley