Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK TV Play app broken.

FIXED
PowerLee
Pro
Fixes: 2

UK TV Play app broken.

UK TV Play app has stopped working sometime yesterday & its still broken this morning.

Select the UK TV Play app - you get the loading screen with Blue balls scrolling for a few seconds then it dumps you back to the app selection screen again.

My box is reporting its already running the latest software.

If you attempt to update the players & apps you get an error message saying We can't update your players & apps, please try again later.

BBC I Player, ITV hub All 4, My 5, Netflix, Now tv, Milkshake, S4C, Pop, Amazon Prime video - these apps are all still working.

Can someone at Plusnet TV towers give someone at YouView a nudge so they can fix the UK TV play app please?
4 REPLIES 4
djcjuk
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: UK TV Play app broken.

Are you using a Youview box?. I have not used my box for sometime. When it started it did an update to Component software 3.6.234.

When I opened UK TV play I had to activate the Youview box  on uktvplay/activate. Website. Having done that it worked normally.

If you have the latest software they have moved Youview box settings to the top of the screen.

I use a Now TV box for uktvplay. It works on that this morning as well.

djcjuk
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

The manufacture software should be 32.47.0

This is the software where settings moved to the top of the screen.

PowerLee
Pro

My box is already on software version 32.47.0

UK TV Play app was already activated as I was using it yesterday.

Now the UK TV Play app won't even open.

Its 100% a fault with the UK TV Play app on the YouView platform as its currently working fine as I'm signed in on my laptop viewing old episodes of The Bill
PowerLee
Pro

Fix
Well I've managed to fix it.

Tried rebooting my router - didn't fix it.

You need to reset the YouView box which will loose all your recordings if you do it via the settings menu - unless you enter the hidden maintenance mode & use option 2.

To enter maintenance mode on the Plusnet DTRT 2120 box IGNORE the official instructions given on the YouView website as there incorrect.

1) Switch the box off with switch at the back.
2) Make sure your TV is on & the input source selected is your YouView box.
3) Switch the box on with the switch at the back.
4) Wait for the red light to show on the front then press & hold the DOWN navigation button on the top of the box for 5 seconds.
5) An option to enter maintenance mode should appear on your tv screen.
6) While still holding the DOWN navigation button - press & release the power button on the top of the box & then release the DOWN navigation button.
7) Box will boot up in to maintenance mode - read & select your preferred option.

Option 2 will factory reset the box without erasing your recordings - box will go through the initial set up procedure.