cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv programs record late

rhowle

Tv programs record late

Hi can anyone help me to fix me my problem. When I record a program it starts late and I am missing a minute or so of the recorded program.

Many thanks
3 REPLIES 3
JARVIS
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Re: Tv programs record late

Good morning rhowle! Apologies for the late response.

With regards to your query, I understand that broadcasters sometimes can or do send a flag to adjust recording timings. These are on what I might call primary channels - e.g. BBC1 HD, ITV HD etc.

If you have already tried a soft reset on the box and this is still an issue, please contact our Technical Support Team on: 0800 432 0200 from 07:30 to 22:00 Monday to Sunday.

That way we can be assess if it is an issue with the service, the hardware or the broadcaster.

Kind regards,

Matthew

Matthew Bullimore
 Plusnet Help Team
JAK92
Rising Star

Mines only internet channels but weirdly it's the opposite it's finishing a minute or so before the end of the show

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

There is a standard for avoiding these problems, but the channels are too lazy to use it, so the recorder has to fall-back to using the schedule data from the program guide - which seems to differ from the actual broadcast times. There is even a "wake" code which was used to warm up tape units before disc based systems became the norm.

Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.