cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to set up YouView box with a Draytek 130 Modem, Netgear R9000 Router and a Netgear EX8000 ext

FIXED
Highlighted
MattJRogers
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Trying to set up YouView box with a Draytek 130 Modem, Netgear R9000 Router and a Netgear EX8000 ext

Hi all,

there a lot of posts on here that try to explain how to set up IPTV for YouView boxes using a range of modems/routers, but I can't seem to get one, solid path that will do this. I hope someone can help me please.

I've PlusNet Fibre and use a Draytek 130 Modem linked to a Netgear R9000 X10 Nighthawk Router. I'm also renovating my house at the moment, therefore I have a Netgear EX8000 Extender set up in a static caravan in the front garden (which we are using whilst the house is being renovated). All this wonderful set up works perfectly, until I started to try and introduce a YouView box!

The idea was to connect it up in the caravan and connect it to one of the ethernet connectors on the extender. This actually works well and the YouView box updated itself and can play programmes from BBC iPlayer, etc... So not issues there either.

But i'm sure you've guessed that i'm having issues trying to get the subscription channels. I just get the error IPC6023.

Now I do have an option on my Netgear router that says "Support British Telecom (BT) IGMP Proxying", and I thought, thats it! perfect! however, alas this hasn't helped at all and I still get the error.

I've also heard that I need to set up a VLAN rule, however I tried that with the default settings and lost my internet connection completely! I hear theres a specific VLAN ID I have to use - has anyone else used this and succeeded.

I'm very close to sending the YouView box back and put up with my old NowTV box, however I hoped that someone on the forum may have the answer? I've also logged a ticket with Netgear, however once again they have many Netgear Forum entries about this, just nothing that actually works!

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY
MattJRogers
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: Trying to set up YouView box with a Draytek 130 Modem, Netgear R9000 Router and a Netgear EX8000

Fix

Well, not sure if anyone is interested, but I managed to fix this. Without any help from PlusNet support or indeed Netgear or Draytek support! After lots of surfing around the internet I read about having to enable my modem for bridge passthrough. I made the change and hey presto, all my channels now work! Hurray!

One thing that isn't told to you, is that you have to wait for the first 10 days before you can change any of your channel packages. Something to do with the set up, but something I was never told about...

Lets just hope that the YouView+ box is good now!