Hi have u got the tv packages from plusnet
If so what's it like
Do i have to have sports channels
I'm thinking of signing up for it
Thank you in advance for any replies
18 REPLIES 18
Fixes: 559

Re: Thinking of signing up for plusnet tv service's

No you don't have to have the sports channels, there's an extra pack for that (though BT sport 1 is included in the general pack).

I find it to be fine for my needs and haven't had any issues, details of channels here https://www.plus.net/tv/
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bmc
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 8

@cazpro777

Look through the PlusNet TV page to see what's available channel wise.

If it's BT Sport you're after then you can get the BT Sport App for £5pm. I use ChromeCast to send it to my TV. More than happy with it.

Brian

cazpro777
Grafter

Hi
I'm sorry my fault I don't want sports if it's possible not to have them ?
Thank you for your replies
PowerLee
Rising Star

You will get Eurosport, Eurosport 2, BT Sport 1 & BT Sport Extra 1 included in your basic PlusNet tv YouView service, all PlusNet TV subscribers get those 4 sport channels included ( as well as the rest of the Entertainment pack channels ) 

You dont have to watch them.

The YouView+ box is easy to setup, easy to use & the catch up players work very well.

I have added the Entertainment Plus pack to gain the extra channels, between the youview channel packs, freeview, Netflix & amazon prime I have all my tv watching covered & cheaper then I was paying virgin media. 

Mayfly
Pro
Fixes: 1

I had Youview for quite a while as I my contract length had expired. I never used it much so decided to end it. However, I did miss it and after a few months decided to subscribe again and I've used it more than ever.

I think the basic package is really good for the price, the included sports channels covers what I need,  as does the additional inclusive entertainment channels.

cazpro777
Grafter

Thank you for all your repiles.
Is it worth ringing sales ?
I'm hoping I won't have to wait in a queue like last time 5 ish hours
2 separate times calling them
I'm very interested in plusnet tv services but am thinking about it before i sign up .
Fixes: 559

If you want to try and negotiate a package deal that ties you in for a bit of a better price, you could try retentions - whether happens or not I don't know.

Otherwise for the most flexibility you can just sign up on line I believe.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
cazpro777
Grafter

Thank you
peteredelsten
Grafter
Fixes: 2

re:

@dvorak wrote:
If you want to try and negotiate a package deal that ties you in for a bit of a better price, you could try retentions - whether happens or not I don't know.

Otherwise for the most flexibility you can just sign up on line I believe.

Where is the link to sign up on-line?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 79

Hi @peteredelsten,

Sorry about this, unfortunately it's not currently possible to sign up for TV with us online and this would need to be done via our TV sales team. Their direct number is 0800 0113 217 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
peteredelsten
Grafter

This was a question for @dvorak - where is the on-line link he refers to? I really don't have time to sit on the phone all day.

Community Veteran

I've had ongoing problems with image break up - got it fixed for a while but its gone wrong again and there seems to be nothing PN or BT can do about it.

Am actually going to be phoning and cancelling as you really don't get a lot for the basic subscription.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 47

Hi @SteveA

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can see that you've started to make some changes to your channel packages already. Having checked your account I can't actually see any contact regarding the issues with image break up - could you please let me know what you've been advised to try so far and we'll try to assist from there?

Best wishes

Dave

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

We first had the image break up over a year ago. I've basically had everything done that can be done - new master socket (multiple times) different pair back to the cab, lift and shift at the cab, port move at the exchange. I got 10Mbit more on download speeds and the breakup went away.  However its come back and given that I lost several half days of work for BT engineers to turn up (or not turn up) I just can't be bothered with it any more. I though that I could fully cancel online but it looks like I can't so I'll be phoning up to cancel the TV part of my package.   Also £8 a month for what is being provided really isn't good value any more - the cost hasn't decreased since sign up and the channel range hasn't changed much at all.