Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Teletext with the YouView+ Set Top Box

Highlighted
Hooked

Teletext with the YouView+ Set Top Box

When using the red button on the BBC it takes me to an interactive screen and not to a page menu on the right hand side of the screen where one can select options or enter page numbers.

For instance; I like to be able to view soccer results, fixtures, league tables etc from page #302 but can not work out how to find these page menus. My Freesat box gave me a choice when I first installed it but so far I haven't seen a settings option with my Youview box.

What have I missed please?

2 REPLIES
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Teletext with the YouView+ Set Top Box

Hi @Baldricky

I too have this dilemma, It seems that the Humax box software has updated the BBC teletext service to a newer teletext+ service. I find this is less user friendly than the earlier version. Having been used to using the direct entry page number facility for many years since the introduction of the teletext/ceefax services, I think that this is a retrograde step. I regularly use page 316 to check latest football scores, Fortunately my TV receiver has not yet succumbed to this update so that I can continue to use it for a while longer

Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Teletext with the YouView+ Set Top Box

The work-around is to select a BBC radio channel - I use 701. This still has the text service, though I always use the "text" button and not the red button to access this.

The next "improvement" is, of course, the change of the program guide from a list to the mobile phone semi-random tiled rubbish (and many multiples of key presses to get anywhere) Crazy2 . At least you can overcome this on W10 with "classic shell" Wink

Phil

Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link TD-W9980 modem-router.