cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV charges

Statex
Hooked

TV charges

I am totally confused . I have had Plusnet fibre plus a call package for two months. I decided to add the basic TV package.  The Plusnet tv web site states a £5 monthly charge plus £6.99 for delivery. No mention of a connection fee for basic TV. When I phoned the sales team I was advised that I had to take out a new  24 month contract or pay a £25 tv connection fee Is this a sales con trick or company plicy. When I first signed up to Plusnet I enquired about TV but was advised that I had to phone up after the Broadband was up and running I did not sign up for TV immediately because I had line problems which have taken several weeks to repair. I hope I am not in for any nasty charges when I receive next months bill.

5 REPLIES
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: TV charges

Activation is free for the non recording box and £50 for the + box there are no set up costs but you will need to sign up for a new 18 months contract

£25 would apply if you were moving from DSL to fibre no reason to do that for you

arktos
Rising Star

I'm confused, too.

When I looked into a Plusnet TV package about a month ago, I came away with the impression that if I signed up for a 24 month contract rather than 18 months, the recording 'box' and activation were included, (although I acknowlege that I might have got it wrong).

Looking at this, today, https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-price-guide-for-residential-products/#tv-price-guide, it's all looking more expensive than I thought; if I have to buy the box and pay an activation fee.

Would anyone be kind enough to clarify what the total extra cost of adding TV to my unlimited fibre contract would be, please? Yes, I know I should phone sales, but not at the moment.

Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

No the prices quoted are if you want to purchase the box for you to keep. In the various price options you get given a standard or plus box that belongs to plusnet included in the activation and contract fee
arktos
Rising Star

Thanks for that, Interceptor121.

As I admitted, I find it all a bit confusing, but when I researched it about a month ago, the concensus was that once you had served the full term of your contract period, the box was yours to keep, anyway. Are you saying that (unlike the "free" router with broadband) they will want the box back if it wasn't bought outright?

Thanks

Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

No the box that you get with the installation is yours to keep even if you leave early as long as you pay the termination charges.

However if you wanted to buy an extra box from Plusnet you would need to pay the prices quoted