Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV and re-contracting

FIXED
bridder
Dabbler

TV and re-contracting

Hi all, I'm a new PlusNet customer, haven't even got my phone line and fibre up yet but am planning to take out the TV with a zapper box once it goes live, I have a coupe of questions if anyone can help.

1. Can I call PlusNet as soon as I am up and running with the phone line and fibre to get the TV service from PlusNet?
  2. Will taking out TV cause me to re-contract my just activated account? I only ask as what it says below was in my welcome email and I'd like to avoid the £1 increase for broadband costs, see below (I've bolded the bit I'm interested in);

"Good news! On this contract you're protected from the broadband price change that's happening in June. It's going up by £1, so we'll add an extra £1 discount to your bill. If you change product or re-contract you'll pay the new broadband price."

I'll likely talk to customer services about this when I get in touch to get the TV stuff sorted but am just trying to get a heads up on what to expect...

Thanks.

8 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 453

Re: TV and re-contracting

Fix

Hi there. Thanks for contacting us via our community forums.

Can I call PlusNet as soon as I am up and running with the phone line and fibre to get the TV service from PlusNet?

Yep. That's right.

Once we send out and you receive the YouView box you should be able to start watching the channels.

Will taking out TV cause me to re-contract my just activated account? I only ask as what it says below was in my welcome email and I'd like to avoid the £1 increase for broadband costs

Taking out YouView generally commits you to a new 18 month contract. Due to the way our system works, re-contracting for YouView will re-contract you for both broadband and phone on a new offer.

However, I've passed your account details to one of my colleagues in our Customer Options Team to contact you once your service goes live to make sure you're on the same broadband offer when we add the YouView service for you.

Hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
bridder
Dabbler

Thanks Anoush.

richturner

Hi I am in the same situation (just waiting for my switch from BT, so I can order my TV package) and hope you can pass my details along aswell, so I can avoid the price increase.

Thanks

Rich

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problems @bridder

@richturner I've set a reminder on your account for us to arrange a call back from our TV Sales team once your service goes live, to make sure it's put through keeping your broadband costs the same.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
richturner

Thanks

LukeHarrison

I'm planning on doing the same, just waiting for the switch from Now Broadband at the moment, would it be possible to have the same note added to my account? I had the same message in my order confirmation about recontracting causing me to pay the extra £1.

Many thanks in advance Smiley

Highlighted
bridder
Dabbler

Hi Anoush, just a follow up to let you know how I have gone on. BB and phone went live yesterday, I've contacted PN this morning and ordered the TV service, I was assured I wouldn't have to pay the £1 price increase for BB in June Smiley

Many thanks.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@bridder I'm glad to hear that Thumbs Up

@LukeHarrison I've arranged this for you now. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team