cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Channels (Subscribe)

windsors
Dabbler

TV Channels (Subscribe)

A few days ago the extra Plusnet subscription channels have stopped working, with a message to Check Broadband connection.
Broadband connection is working, via PlusNet Hub One, so any ideas?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 26

Re: TV Channels (Subscribe)

Switch them off at the mains, and try again - they sometimes get stuck.
windsors
Dabbler

Hi
I have tried

• restart router, no effect

• restart youview box, no effect

• factory reset of youview box, advised by PlusNet support, no effec

Not happy as factory reset wipes all recordings from the past few weeks, and required resetting of streaming service...
The error mentions broadband connection or cable error, and IPC6023. This error usually impliew a network error, but Netflix is working fine, so the networking is OK.
As I mentioned above, I am using PlusNet HubOne, so router configuration is ok.
Any more ideas?
wisty
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: windsors

Not happy as factory reset wipes all recordings from the past few weeks, and required resetting of streaming service...

Can't help, but there is a way of doing a factory reset without loosing the recordings. PlusNet talked me through it when I had problems with my Box. You get into maintenance mode and one of the options is Factory reset without deleting recordings.
Details here - scroll down to find the relevant box
https://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-1...
windsors
Dabbler

Spoke to support again and was advised the IPC-6023 is indicative of packet loss.
Following a suggestion, I tried running a 10m IP cable direct from the router to the youview box, but again it still failed.
Following the idea of packet loss, I replaced from 200mbs homeplug with a 500mbs homeplug and immediately all works ok.
In summary, if IPC-6023 is an indicator of packet loss, then there must have been an issue between the mixed 200/500mbs homeplugs, and a long 10m cable may.
Tis a shame that the Youview box does not connect via WiFi.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 26

If you had said you were using homeplugs we would have suggested a direct connection. A 10m cable should have worked, it may be faulty. BT supplied me with one when I had BT TV, but I am lucky enough to be able to use the homeplugs, even for HDTV - it does depend on the electrical wiring in your house.
windsors
Dabbler

Thanks, if I'd had a crystal ball 20 years ago when I bought the house, I'd have decided that phone point, TV Point and power points should all be group together in the corner of the room, to allow direct cable connections from the back of the router to TV/Youview box, but alas no.
I was always under the impression that 200Mbs/500Mbs where ok, and in deed Netflix, iPlayer did not mind. Tis odd that the Multicast channels did, and where okay until about a week ago.
Not sure why the 10m cable did not work, one of those things ....