cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Buffering

widgetwilk39
Dabbler

TV Buffering

Having trouble watching Iplayer on my Smart TV, keeps stopping/buffering, have turned of computer, still the same, have just checked speed, Down 11.7, Up is 1.07, says my speed is alright,Any ides why and what to do?? not to good at resetting the TV,

4 REPLIES 4
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

Re: TV Buffering

TV software is not all it could be even on quality makes. Can you get iPlayer to run OK or a tablet or phone? I have the same problem with a newish Sony TV and feed it via an IPad. You could use an Android tablet or phone but an easy answer is an Amazon Firestick or similar. At least these alternatives keep their software updated and similar internet speeds were no problem even for HD sport.

widgetwilk39
Dabbler

Thanks TeeGee, would not know how to get Iplayer on my phone, do you mean watch it on the phone,?? bit small, don't think I want a Firestick, I do record a lot but it is only if I forget to record or want to watch the end before it goes on TV, it has always been alright when I have used it in the passed, but last week and again now it is not, just wondered why,

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 8

@widgetwilk39 

Whenever I watch iPlayer for a substantial time, buffering allways happens. My broadband speed is a solid 70/20 or so.

Dave

widgetwilk39
Dabbler

Still think mine is something to do with my Wi-Fi, will give it another try next week then might phone Plus Net to see if they can do anything. Just seems strange that it use to be OK, remember watching all of Line of Duty a few months ago, ok then.