cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP Link TL-PA210 200Mbps

ronne

TP Link TL-PA210 200Mbps

Hello
I've searched through the forums and haven't been able to find the answer. I have two of these powerline adapters that I've been using with non-PN Youview. I've now got the PN Youview box and everything's working with an ethernet connection but I can't get the subscription channels when using the TP-Link adapters. I got the TV finally through them yesterday but the Wi Fi went. Once I'd reset the router, I couldn't get the subscription channels back despite multiple resetting.
Does anyone know if these adapters are multicast? I suspect that is the problem.
I don't really want to fork out for the PN supplied powerlines if there's a cheaper solution. Would a new TP link powerline that is multicast work with my current adapters?
Thanks for any advice!
3 REPLIES
ricke17
Grafter

Re: TP Link TL-PA210 200Mbps

It's either your router (what one do you use) or the powerline adapters themselves.
I don't use them and have a 10m ethernet cable from the YV box to the TV.
There has also been an outage (of sorts) today - try updating your youview software and try again.
Also, have you tried using an ethernet cable direct from your router to the YV box?
Rick.
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000
ronne

Thanks. The router is the one supplied by PN. The whole thing works with the Ethernet cable directly in the TV but we can't use that permanently.
ricke17
Grafter

Then it's the powerline adapters that are not able to transfer the multicast traffic from the router to the YV box. You'll either have to purchase better ones or use a direct cable. My 10m one is a flat cable which is tucked under the carpet.
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000