cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-Link Archer VR900 latest firmware and YouView compatibility

mrboot

TP-Link Archer VR900 latest firmware and YouView compatibility

Wondering if someone else has come across this and can help.  

Upgraded my TP-Link Archer VR900 (v1) to the latest firmware yesterday from the UK TP-Link website - listed as version  Archer VR900(EU)_V1_170119 Once rebooted, everything was fine except that the internet channels on my PlusNet YouView box would not connect - giving an IPC6023 error constantly.  I spent a good while Googling and even downgraded to an older firmware that specifically listed PlusNet in the fix list but nothing.  Eventually, I downgraded to the firmware I'd originally been on - version Archer_VR900_V1_150909 and hey presto, internet channels are back!  

I've gone through all the settings and they seem identical apart from on the Basic >> Internet page, where on the ISP list, the older firmware lists Plusnet_VDSL whereas all the later ones do not (they only had a load of European looking ISPs) and had the setting as Other.

Has anyone managed to upgrade the firmware and still retained the internet YouView channels and can help me do the same?

6 REPLIES
azc
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: TP-Link Archer VR900 latest firmware and YouView compatibility

Perhaps the (EU) in the name of the downloaded firmware is a clue to your problem

mrboot

You'd think but as I specified in my post - that's the only one available ON THE UK TP-LINK site.  So if you have a link to a UK one, more than happy to use it!!

azc
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Was only trying to apply some logic to your situation.

Have you asked TP_LINK support ?

mrboot

As the issue is specific to Plusnet YouView internet channels, I thought I would ask here first.  As I say, everything else is absolutely fine on the latest firmware, including using the on-demand features (iPlayer etc) on the YouView box - it's literally just the internet channels.

I did trawl through the TP-Link forums but nothing there.

It's not essential either - I'd like to be on the latest firmware obviously but posting here was just to scratch a technical itch so to speak in case anyone could help out.

dhendryuk

Hi

Not directly related to your issue, but I have the Archer VR900 (v2) with the latest firmware, and I have random YouView issues on the Internet channels (iplayer etc work fine, purely the PlusNet channels..).

My issue is, the channels will work fine for a few seconds then just freeze. I can fix this by rebooting the router, then the problem will randomly return.  Tp Link can't seem to help... The channels work fine when using the PlusNet 1 hub.. grrr...nothing is simple.

thehypnootoad
Dabbler

I have a vr900 wasn't aware of any new firmware updates but I will have a look and get back to you...... Also try a router reset but using the bt setup instead of plusnet