Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing to TV

Mayfly
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Syncing to TV

Is there a way to sync the YV box volume to the TV.

My OH can't get used to the box so always uses the TV but when I want to run a programme tho' PN channels we always have to increase the volume, then of course when he uses the TV it almost bursts our ear drums. 

I also seem to have a problem with the box not taking over the TV when switched on, I mostly have to turn the TV to standby then on again for it to pick up the YV box.

5 REPLIES 5
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 64

Re: Syncing to TV

Hi @Mayfly ,

Thanks for your post.

You'd need to program the YouView remote to work for your TV. All of the programming codes can be found here.

When you've found the code that matches the make of your TV, please follow the below:

1) Hold down the TV and TV AV buttons until the light on the remote has flashed 3 times.

2) Enter the appropriate 4 digit code, found via the above link.

3) If entered correctly, the light will flash blue 3 times.

4) Hold down the TV button until the TV turns off.

5) Let go of the TV button and press it again to turn the TV back on.

I hope this helps but please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Mayfly
Seasoned Pro

Thanks OskarPapa. That seems to have cured the volume problem but now it's takes a few presses of the remote to get the box to switch on.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 64

Hi @Mayfly ,

Thanks for your response.

We're really pleased you've managed to sort the volume out.

Can I ask whether you're pressing the power button with TV written on it, or the central power button next to it?

Mayfly
Seasoned Pro

It's the on/off switch on the remote for the box that doesn't appear to be responding as it should.

Jubby
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Hi @Mayfly,

I would recommend resetting the remote and re-configuring it with guide provided by OskarPapa.

To reset it, hold down audio description, delete/SUB and myview buttons until the blue light at the top flashes three times then release.

Do you have any other device near the YouView set top box that has an infrared receiver?

Is your remote aimed directly at the YouView STB when you press the power button?

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional