cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion to help solve the BT Sport 100% price increase for customers.

robbieglover2k
Rising Star

Suggestion to help solve the BT Sport 100% price increase for customers.

Hi all, first of all I just want to say that this whole price increase by Plusnet I'm pretty sure isn't Plusnet's doing, a couple of months ago when BT Sport tried to pull the UFC 239 stunt by putting it on Box Office they were inundated with thousands (and I mean thousands) of cancellations. I had a call from BT asking for my feedback and the guy spent 50 mins on the phone with me because they were desperately trying to pull their numbers back, he also explained how their new sign up's drop was huge from around 50 new customers every so many minutes down to 11 plus the huge loss of cancellations it stung them really badly, I'm 99.9% sure this is not a choice Plusnet have had but more so BT Sport desperately trying to get their money back and increasing their revenue here too.

However this concerns me cause I'm pretty sure Plusnet are going to receive the same kind of backlash and lose cancellations which again I'm pretty sure this is out of their control but it's kind of drifting away from the budget platform now  (which they still are) with a 100% price increase.

So my suggestions would be.

1. Maybe throw in the HD pack with the BT Sport package free, we currently pay an extra £3.00 for this where as if this came with the BT Sport package it would be a good incentive & would lower the price increase to 60%.

2. Finally add the BT Sport Box Office to the channel list, this is honestly quite important now that BT brought this in last December, it's no longer quite the budget platform with the price increase so I think this is an absolute necessity now the same way the other platforms have this.

This is of course just a suggestion however I do feel you should strongly consider this as this way it's not going to be a problem with the price increase as much, specially if you throw in the HD package now as part of the BT Sport package as an incentive.

Obviously this will have to be done fast because the price increase is next month, I do feel this is going to sting Plusnet the same way it has BT Sport (it's doing it again for UFC 242 as they're receiving the same backlash and are going to hit more cancellations).

It will take the sting out of the 100% price increase and probably keep a lot more customers if the HD package was now part of the BT Sport incentive.

I really hope you guys can sort this because Plusnet are absolutely fantastic and as I say I'm 99.9% sure this is because BT Sport have requested this because I know 100% from their phone call they are desperately trying to make up all the money they lost through thousands of cancellations and refusals on their PPV buys, the guy was really honest and pretty much begging me for feedback to help.

I do feel this could save Plusnet from the same fate BT Sport received which I worry is inevitable as I saw the backlash and loss BT Sport had and I think Plusnet are going to receive the same through no fault of their own.

I hope this helps and you guys can take this into consideration asap Smiley 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
BERTJ
Rising Star

Re: Suggestion to help solve the BT Sport 100% price increase for customers.

When you use the bt sports app HD is standard then all l do is to cast it to my tv using a chromecast which is £30 to buy in argos and very easy to set up .

My view is PN want to obseve what happened when bt increased their prices they suffered large amount of cancellations  PN should perhaps review the increase and if they still want to hold onto customers come up with some freebies to offset this huge increase.

robbieglover2k
Rising Star

I understand, I have the BT Sport through the Youview box on my TV so I pay an extra £3.00 for the HD (£7.00 in total for BT Sport in HD at the moment), when this price increase comes in it'll be £13 for BT Sport with HD for me so them including the HD with the package as an incentive will help take the sting out of it for them.

I honestly feel for them because I really don't think this is a Plusnet decision and choice, BT Sport have lost a lot of money recently in cancellations over the UFC event and they have another one coming up on PPV next month where they're trying it again.

This is why they've probably made the Plusnet platform double the prices because they're already losing a lot of customers again (and I mean loads) so they're making up their money elsewhere as they're ready for it and expecting it.

Their loss on the whole UFC situation recently was huge, I had a call from BT for 50 mins asking me for feedback and he explained all this to me where they were trying to pull back their customers throughout the period as they lost so much.

That's what this double price increase is about because they're trying to make their money back from all avenues as they're already expecting a lot of cancellations and refusals for the Khabib vs Poirier event which they're only trying again cause it's on at an earlier time but it's just not going to happen.

I think Plusnet are stuck between a rock and a hard place as obviously BT want the increase and it's the only way Plusnet can offer it.

I feel for Plusnet to be honest because they're getting the backlash from this, the same way BT Sport have had immensely (It's been unreal) but they're expecting it now.

I hope this doesn't damage Plusnet's reputation though because they still are a fantastic service with great customer service, they're just stuck between a rock and a hard place here which is why I mentioned the suggestions above as I think it could really help them and is a way for them to get around it a little bit better at least.

It's all a mess but it's BT Sports doing, they lost tons with the cancellations and refusals of the last UFC PPV which was really bad for them and they also from what I can gather over spent on some football league or something so they're looking at us to make their money back again for them, even though it was us they tried to rinse in the first place and it backfired on them. 

BERTJ
Rising Star

noted perhaps its the time for PN to stop offering the bt sports option as it is not cost effective.

robbieglover2k
Rising Star

Catch 22 is that though cause I'd be gutted if they didn't and it would pretty much take away their strongest point for the TV (for me anyway) but I think this is BT who's got them by the reigns and I hear you Smiley

It's funny cause the timing of this increase is pretty obvious as they're trying the same thing with the Poirier/Khabib fight because it's on at an earlier time hence them pushing it.

This is also why they've done this recently to their Plusnet customers with the 100% price increase because they already know they're going to get as ton of cancellations and backlash from the event (September 7th).

What's even more ridiculous is the Plusnet platform doesn't even have access to the Box Office channel, so they've doubled the cost for the Plusnet customers and taken away the Poirier PPV at the same time.

It's no coincidence they've done this in September either, BT are using us to make up for the revenue they're expecting to lose and not even giving us the Box Office channel.

This is why I suggest the HD thing as part of the package to help Plusnet a little and also the possibility of the Box Office channel (it's already available on a channel number on the Youview platform but it's just not there on the Plusnet service).

I really don't want this to reflect on Plusnet but it's inevitable.  

DaveCW
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I don't take BT Sports apart from the Lite pack that comes as standard, I do however pay for the entertainment plus pack and £3 for the HD Pack. This HD charge is across PN's TV not just BT sport. I am confused as to why some people are saying they are paying £7 in total for sport and that when the sport package price increases to £10, the £3 HD charge should go, You are paying £5 for sport and £3 for all HD channels, not just the sport HD channels.

robbieglover2k
Rising Star

If you read, you would see it was a suggestion as an incentive as part of the sport package they are losing a lot over (like BT have lately which they're now putting on Plusnet).

Also if someone pays for HD for their sport package then technically they are, it's subjective down to how the person buys it but as I say, it was an idea a suggestion that could really help and take a sting out of it for them.

I pay for HD for my sport channels, I don't use them on the others so technically I am and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
TeeGee
Rising Star

There is no way out of this as BT are short of money as a result of trying to buy and sell a non core product for a profit.  It is also included "free" with other TV and phone contracts. Paying extra for the HD TV version is irritating in this day and age - a bit like paying extra for a car that will do over 60 mph!  Sport has sold out to pay TV so it seems to be a case of do without or, as we say in our house, pay up and shut up!

robbieglover2k
Rising Star

Yeah, a few people have said that recently in conversations I've had with just friends round here etc..

HD probably should be standard now, when you look at an SD channel you really can notice the difference like with the logos for example, they look old and blurry now as opposed to HD.

When you think we now have 4K coming in to play HD should be minimum standard really but I think you nailed it there with the car thing.

SD shouldn't really be a thing anymore, we don't have scart sockets anymore either, it's all HDMI which is great but SD seems very old, it's like using one of those old ariels on the roof before digital took over.
frindle2037
Dabbler

We shouldn’t have to pay extra for 1080p HD in 2019. It should be the standard by now! I understand many other companies charge for it but it’s really poor imo, so it’s not just Plusnet’s fault.

IMO the one aspect driving the cost of it all up is Premier League Football. I’ve lost interest in that sport tbh so going without BTSport isn’t a big deal.

My fiancé uses NowTV for The Ashes and I use UFC Fight Pass so I can watch people voluntarily beat the **** out of each other. Wink I only get access to the fights a few days later because BT have it blacked out in the UK.

If anyone is to blame for the doubling of the prices it’s BT. Plusnet’s hands are most likely tied.
robbieglover2k
Rising Star

I know, they're getting worse are Plusnet though in other ways lately, it's like they've given up with us as they've gone from being the best company out there and caring about us as customer to not caring anymore, it's really heartbreaking.

Have a look at the page 2 and 3 in the thread "ls anyone prepared to pay the £10pm for BT Sports" and see what you think to it, also I've just started to have a problem with my Wi-Fi where it won't no longer connect to anything outside the same room that the router is in where I asked for help so they did a quick split on the Wi-Fi connection but it's not helped, my brother in the other room (which is very close by) can't even connect his phone or Playstation cause it says "Signal is too weak" and it's really not far, this is the same problem for my friends who I recommended to Plusnet who are also upset with me now because Plusnet have done a complete 360 from trying to help people and caring to not caring anymore.

The response I just got from asking for a bit of help as the Wi-Fi connection has got really bad was "Unfortunately there's nothing we can do" and along the lines of "We do state in our terms and conditions we're not responsible" which is quite bad when you've just asked for a little bit of help.

They're getting really bad and it's really disappointing, I've switched to every service Plusnet have (Phone, TV, Broadband, Additional TV packages, everything) and got loads of people onto the service because they were so good and cared about us and they've gone totally the opposite. See my post in on page 2 and 3 of the thread mentioned above too where you can see literally everything I have and they turned round and said "We don't owe you anything" when asking for a little something due to this price increase, I've got literally loads and stayed really loyal to them where everyone else is leaving them (I could easily turn my TV packages off but said I won't cause everyone else is doing it and I don't want to do it also but they don't care, my post explains it better to get the gist of what I mean).

I'm just really disappointed and heartbroken with Plusnet, they've completely changed and started to let us down and it really is all since this double price increase that's happened, it's like they've lost faith in caring about us anymore Sad