cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuttering on BT Sport over the weekend

Community Veteran

Stuttering on BT Sport over the weekend

I was watching Watford vs Man Utd on Saturday lunchtime, and the picture and sound kept freezing every couple of minutes, then the screen went black for a few seconds, then everything came back on soon after. I figured it must just be a heavily watched game - after all, most Utd fans live in London, and as Watford want to be known as a London club now, it must have seemed like a home game...
Anyway, I digress - later I was watching another game on BT Sport Europe on Sunday. Still doing it. Also, all the other BT Sport channels were displaying the same symptoms, both Saturday and Sunday. I didn't have time to check out the other internet channels at this point, but was my experience unique, or was anyone else watching these games having the same problem?
I've dropped and reconnected my PPP session, so I'll check some more tomorrow night at peak time.
8 REPLIES
PeeGee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Stuttering on BT Sport over the weekend

Was out on Sat ("grandchildren sitting" Wink ) and haven't got round to watching the recording - not teams worth watching, really Shocked Roll eyes Crazy Roughly when did it start, as I can skip through to that point to check quickly?
However, I have had a similar effect with BBC freeview that is caused, as far as I can tell, by exiting teletext incorrectly! Changing channels and returning cures it.
Phil
Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link TD-W9980 modem-router.
Community Veteran

I missed the lead up to the game, but it started happening pretty much as soon as the game started.
I've just been watching streaming video on the PC without a glitch, and my brother was watching something on BT Sport which was sadly not quite glitch-free. I need to do some further diagnostics before this becomes an issue - I have power-line adaptors feeding the signal to the YouView box, and I'm connected via a Sam Knows "white" box, so all sorts of potential gotchas in the way.
I'll also check to see if it happens on the other internet channels.
Fixes: 101

No issues watching the Wasps game Sunday evening.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Well, I've just checked a few of the internet channels, and as it's way past peak time I was expecting much smoother viewing, but sadly not.
I think I might try bypassing the Sam Knows box later, but not tonight...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I lost the ESPN goals programme last night watching Champions league and switched to BTSports 1 which was OK. It was pixilated until it expanded over the whole screen then locked up.
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
PeeGee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Jaggies
I think I might try bypassing the Sam Knows box later

Worth trying, though my SK box (2yr old 3600) doesn't affect things. I have also looked at the recording of the match and no problems with that, which doesn't help resolve the problem Sad
Phil
Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link TD-W9980 modem-router.
Community Veteran

Well, I'm not likely to be doing anything for a while - this is a very busy time of year for me, though things will hopefully quieten down before Xmas, and I'll get a chance to play around with some things.
I noticed that there was scheduled work on my exchange on Tuesday night, which may or may not be relevant, so I might re-synch at the weekend if I can find some actual daylight...
Community Veteran

Re-synch didn't help, but I had some spare time on Saturday. Firstly, I checked the home plugs, and found that one wasn't making a good connection to the electrical socket - now taken care of that and the Internet channels are stutter free.
Yay!