Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound keeps dropping out

FIXED
Community Veteran

Sound keeps dropping out

Hi

I have the Humax box and as a general rule all works fine - I can watch Freeview without any issues, and record and playback perfectly, however, when watching the Internet channels, such as Discovery, or the BT Sport channels, the sound is constantly dropping out for a second or two. The picture is fine, and no errors come up on the screen.

The connection to the box is by TP-Link power-line adaptors, but I have tried a direct ethernet cable as well, and this still happens.

Any ideas of the cause, and solution gratefully received.

12 REPLIES
Daniel28012
Grafter

Re: Sound keeps dropping out

You could attempt a maintenance mode reset. There is options to keep your recordings when doing this. It may not be a solution to your issue but sometimes it can help with issues so it's worth a try in my opinion.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 78

Hi Jaggies, do you experience the same issue when you try to stream to other devices? such as a phone or a PC?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

I can watch the BT Sport app on my PC without any issues. I'll try resetting the box as advised upthread and report back.

Community Veteran

A soft reset didn't fix it, so when I have a bit more time I may look at the maintenance mode reset option.

Daniel28012
Grafter

A maintenance mode reset has options to keep your recordings and only takes 6 - 10 minutes to complete. If you want it I'm more than prepared to post full instructions on how to complete this in the thread.
Community Veteran

Thanks, but I found the instructions in another thread, and carried out the reset last night. I haven't had a chance to fully test it out yet, so will report back once I have done that.

Community Veteran

It still drops out, but isn't so bad. I'll give it a more thorough test at the weekend.

TheJayBee
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Fix

Try pressing pause and then play so you are watching a few seconds behind real time.  Do you still have the problem when you do this?

Community Veteran

Yes, that's a workaround that works. Thumbs Up

Now I just need to know why and if it can be sorted...

TheJayBee
Hooked

I’m pleased it’s fixed your problem.  It’s been discussed a lot on the BT customer forum.  Last time I checked there wasn’t a permanent solution.

Community Veteran

No worries. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Mayfly
Pro

I have problems watching Nat Geo & Nat Geo Wild so I'll try the delay route, thanks for the suggestion.