cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Q mini and BT Sport

andwar

Sky Q mini and BT Sport

I have just upgraded to Sky Q and I have a Sky Q mini box to watch sport in the kitchen. However, since having the engineer install both units I have discovered that I cannot watch BT Sport on the mini box. This was the main reason to upgrade so I can watch the rugby and cricket while cooking dinner.

I have now gone round in circles trying to get this to work, I called Sky who said that BT Sport is a third-party supplier and I would need to call them. Which I did and they said that it would be an extra £6 per month to cover the cost of the extra viewing card. I said that the Sky mini does not have a card slot and it is streamed from the main Sky Q box. BT then said that I would have to get one of their extra boxes in order to watch it. So I asked if the BT mini box would connect to the Sky Q box and they said no but I would have to get their main box as well. This would have meant that I would have to cancel my PlusNet BT Sport subscription and take out a BT TV service one just for rugby and cricket. Upon the mention of PlusNet, the BT customer adviser said I would have to contact PlusNet.

So yesterday I tried to called PlusNet customer services and after 20 minutes I was told that the TV department do not work weekends and I would have to call back.

So PlusNet, is there an option to get BT Sport via PlusNet (A BT Company) to view on my Sky Q mini-box? Otherwise I will have to negotiate with Sky to return the mini box and save the £12 per month for the mini box under false advertising rules.

Help Please?

4 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 114

Re: Sky Q mini and BT Sport

Apologies for the delayed response.

I've checked with our Products team and this isn't something we support I'm afraid.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 44

It seems as though BT can provide it through a 'BT Sport Second Box subscription' see here http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56286/~/can-i-watch-bt-sport-on-skyq-and-skyq-mini%3F

Presumably PlusNet aren't able to provide the same facility ?

andwar

Unfortunately upon talking to BT their second box subscription means that I would have to get a BT TV main box and they would supply another box to which BT sport in another room.

Seems to be a total waste of time and if I had known this would be in the 'Too Difficult Box' then I would never have upgraded to Sky Q in the first place.

Why is it so difficult? It all seems it's another way to get money out of us.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 44

Unfortunately upon talking to BT their second box subscription means that I would have to get a BT TV main box and they would supply another box to which BT sport in another room.

Since you get BT Sport via PlusNet I don't believe BT will be able to supply it anyway. From what I understand , you don't need any additional boxes , you just need a BT Sport Multiroom subscription. It involves your BT sport supplier communicating with SKY to enable the multiroom option for BT sport. Having said that, it would appear, from the net, that very few people even in BT understand how this is achieved. The chances of PlusNet being able to provide the facility are probably close to Nil