cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed for bt sport dead link from email and account page

Deadlinkage

Signed for bt sport dead link from email and account page

Hi, I recently signed up for the service then added by sport. Received the activation with a link (which was dead) and also checked on my account page page which also provides a link (which is also dead).

the link starts 

https://secureorder.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/orderproduct?productId... with some other details that I am withholding but why are Plusnet sending out dead links?

anyone know how to fix ?

5 REPLIES 5
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 52

Re: Signed for bt sport dead link from email and account page

Hi there @Deadlinkage,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the link we sent you out to sign up for the BT sports app. It appears to be working on Chrome & Firefox. I assume you have already tried copying and pasting the link as well?

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Maddy S
 Plusnet Help Team

Deadlinkage

I eventually got to the bottom of this, found that when I tried to activate through my Plusnet WiFi the connection always dropped. When I tethered through my phone and tried again (which is on EE) the link worked fine.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 55

Hi @Deadlinkage 

That's strange - but glad you managed to get it to work. 

Incidentally, 

I eventually got to the bottom of this, found that when I tried to activate through my Plusnet WiFi the connection always dropped. 

Are you noticing drops when trying other commands / actions or was it just with this? 

Thanks, 

MoR

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 MoR
 Plusnet Help Team
Deadlinkage

Yes, very odd, nothing else has been a problem apart from that one link when using Plusnet, when I was messaging the Plusnet team on instant messenger they told me they could view the link no problem so it seems only to affect Plusnet WiFi users. 

DS
Champion
Fixes: 22

so it seems only to affect Plusnet WiFi users. 

Firstly, I did read this topic earlier and did highlight to the forum moderators that the wording is okay, but the URL in your initial post is actually giving out various references - I now don't know if they're unique to you or not.

Secondly, out of pure curiosity I've just clicked the link and it appears to be loading just fine - recently jumped to my PN wifi (for unrelated matters)

eg.

BTS.PNG

It could be a one off, or possibly your wifi range is struggling ?

edit. Doing nothing on the page above does eventually time out, after approx' 5 mins.

timed out.PNG