cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking customer service, where to go next?

mbird21
Hooked

Shocking customer service, where to go next?

We have only been a Plusnet customer little over a week, having waited over 2 and some months to connect, we finally thought the worst was behind but clearly not.

Yesterday morning, we spent over 1 hour and 15 minutes to a advisor who changed our package back to what it was when we signed up after another advisor had got the 'deal' wrong, we paid a 50 quid fee for the TV and were told that the sports back would be active with in 24 hours...and that because of the trouble we could have a free month sports starting within 24 hours when the sports is activated...

24 hours comes and goes, i come through speak to the guy Matt, after being cut off once i wait another 15 mins and reconnect and am told the signal is ready but wait till end of tonight?, i then think something is not right, so my instinct tells me to come back through.  So i try to reconnect to chat online and am at number 1 in chat, then im back to number 2 and then number 1 and then number 2 again (like someone does NOT want to talk) then 25 minutes later they accept chat.  This time having feeling i'm getting no where at all, we ring up the call center and speak to a lady who tells me that the signal is not there and won't be for another month as it takes a month to come on if it was not on with the original activation?...So i'm told sorry about the free month sports, no one knows anything about that and that they can't discuss the matter further until the account holder comes on, which in this case is my mother.

So this time we get her to call and she waits 30 minutes and finally gets through and the guy on the phone says you should have ut already and go and check and so she says OK and checks again (having done so 3 mins earlier) and lone behold the agent hangs up?

This is disgusting service and as we can't get anywhere on customer agents or chat, can you please give us a complaints manager who is an actual person to contact to resolve this issue, there is nothing worse then being lied to over and over again.

I prefer not to air my complaints in public but seemingly this is how it as to go to get anything done.

Thank you and please forward the contact for complaints.

Michael Alex

9 REPLIES
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Shocking customer service, where to go next?

Sorry about your negative expirence.

If you still want to raise a formal complaint go here

James

mbird21
Hooked

Thanks for getting back James, can someone tell me is it normal procedure that call centre agents in plusnet can listen back to a call made within 10 minutes and then have the authority to call you back from a private line? and now when i have gone back to my open questions, once again no history of this taking place, something is seriously wrong here.

mbird21
Hooked

We have now for the second time been told we are back to our original contract and the TV packages will be on within another 48 hours and the guy said he will now reimburse 25 pound from the youview fee.  He said this would be confirmed by email and we have recieved no email and no logging on open questions.  He said that he could not do anything about the problem till he had listened back to the former call made 2 days ago, which he said he could do within 10 mins and then call us back.  So he went away and called us back from a pruvate line and said that he had listened to the call and spoke to the people involved and they had sorted the problems out and our contract was back to normal and the TV would be added within 48 hours.  No proof, no history and now no open question, what on earth is going on?

geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Sorry for the delay, good to hear you seem to be getting somewhere with this. The  questions opened by the call centre should be on your account but there probably appear as closed questions.

James

mbird21
Hooked

Well the transfer from a customer service manager over to the tv guy, who give his name and i don't want to say it here but i believe to be not a real person is logged but the whole conversation with the sales guy is yet again not recorded in closed or open and no changes have made to the account and no emails received, we are back to square one.

Thanks anyway mate

mbird21
Hooked

Just to let anyone know, we finally got through to a different person for the 4 day running and we got confirmation on record of changes applied and refunds issued, hope that is the end of the matter.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 18

Hi @mbird21,

I am sorry to hear about the issues that you have had and the experienced faced with the service. I am glad to hear that this has now been resolved for you but if you need any further assistance then please get in touch and we'll be more than happy to help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Ben Babinski
 Plusnet Help Team
jafreer
Rising Star

I often think that it is worth recording calls to Plusnet so that in the event there is a problem, you at least have evidence of what was said. In my case, Plusnet retrieved the telephone call which confirmed my side of the story regarding a new contract. I often wonder what would happen if they couldn't retrieve the call. When Plusnet gets things right, they can be great, but I see an ever increasing number of stories where agents don't know the correct procedure so end up giving totally false information. In my case, I renewed a contract based on the information I was given on the phone. Turns out that the information was either wrong, or it wasn't applied. It took many calls and chasing up to get it resolved, which it now is, but customers should not have to do this. It seems that with every call regarding contracts, you really need to protect yourself. I suggest getting the name of every person you speak to, logging the time and date of the call, and if you have the means, recording the conversation (let them know you are doing this). Shame it has come to this, but experience dictates.

ap46270

I am sorry mbird21 that you are having this trouble, but glad that I am not alone in this PlusNet wilderness.  Like you I am a new customer.  Right now a reluctant customer.  The five day delay in my internet TV coming active was never explained by the sales staff.  Inordinate delays when attempting to get to a human being by telephone - usually 15 minutes, but this evening estimated 30 minutes wait.  Phone calls promised but never done.  My list of joining problems grew to such an extent that 50 percent of my set up fee is to be refunded.  I am told I cannot join a chat line as my ad blocker is in the way.  Why?  I do not see why I have to allow unwanted adverts into my home just so I can ask a pertinent question on the chat line.  On other occasions I am told that the chat line is not working.  PlusNet really have to get their act together or they are due a hearing in court for misrepresenting their product.  That TV actor who gladly stand and takes the full force of water thrown up by a passing bus would be better off jumping under the wheels of the bus.   I have now been waiting almost 35 minutes to ask my question.  Too bad PlusNet - you do not give what you promise.  It is not much to ask that we, who pay your wages, can speak quickly to someone who does not give platitudes but honest to goodness answers and at a speed expected in the 21st Century.  Now almost 40 minutes and counting.  Organising booze-ups in breweries comes to mind.