Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seven Channels Being removed From Plusnet TV

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Seven Channels Being removed From Plusnet TV

We've just had an email from Plusnet advising us that seven channels, most of which are our favourites, are being removed from Plusnet TV at the end of March.

We don't need Plusnet TV just to watch Freeview!!!

•  Crime and Investigation
•  Sky History
•  Sky History 2
•  Lifetime
•  SyFy*
•  E!*
5 REPLIES 5
RealAleMadrid
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Seven Channels Being removed From Plusnet TV

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hardly being discussed, all I could find was one post tucked away amongst loads of other things about Plusnet TV which is why I decided to give the subject it's own thread.

My point is that by doing this, Plusnet TV has made itself redundant so far as we're concerned.

SDS14
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Morning caravanj,

With BT making the same announcement a few weeks ago, it was inevitable Plusnet would quickly follow.  If you go back to the link that someone posted you should find quite a bit of useful background info, if like me you received your email from plusnet out of the blue.  

I agree with your comment regarding Plusnet TV now making itself redundant, but that would presume nothing will come along to replace the lost channels.  I'm told I can end my TV service within 30 days with no financial penalty, but I plan to see out the remainder of my contract which has 5 months to run, in the hope we'll see a replacement service involving NowTV or similar.  

RealAleMadrid
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

@caravanj  I would have to disagree with you there, perhaps you didn't look at the posts starting on the 27th.. messages 59-76  when I last looked.

SDS14
Hooked
Fixes: 1

I've just spoken with customer service, as we've heard, they're getting rid of the seven channels previously mentioned. As far as the gent was concerned (and he did disappear to check) the TV service will continue for those customers who are currently signed up, so for me, I'll be able to continue to watch BT sport 1.

I personally now think things will change in the future and the TV service will disappear sadly.