cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second hand plusnet youview+ box

Goldie1981

Second hand plusnet youview+ box

Just wanted to check - I have just purchased a second hand youview plus box (humax t2120). My intention is to use this as a freeview receiver with the ability to record tv (in HD) and watch Netflix and catch up services (iPlayer, 4od etc). I'm not bothered for the extra plusnet channels at this point as the majority I can't get through my local tv broadcast tower (it's a local one and I only get about 30 channels at present but they cover the basics!). Will this unit work as I intend or will I need it to be 'programmed' to work with my fibre connection (which is provided by plusnet). I've just left EE tv today and they turn off the HD content on the tv box when your router/broadband is no longer with them. Bit naff really. Any advice (confirmation as I have already purchased 🙈) would be really great.
1 REPLY
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Second hand plusnet youview+ box

Yes it will work as you want it. As long as your local relay broadcasts in HD you will receive it. Not sure about netflix as I don't use it, but if the app is on the box then you will be fine.