Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Configuration for Internet (Multicast) Channels

Tibbie
Grafter

Re: Router Configuration for Internet (Multicast) Channels

Hi all
For any asus router users (mine is a N66U) don't upgrade to the latest  ASUSWRT Merlin firmware 378.58.0. released March 20th 2016
It breaks my IPTV
I have now gone back to 378.56.2 and all is well

adsuth

Hi,

Totally stumped here. Have an Asus RT AC68U with firmware 380.1842

I've checked and double checked the router settings and they all match, but over the lan iptv just does not work (using the BT TV test stream on VLC), however when connecting wirelessly the test stream views fine.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

This is how I configured my Zyxel VMG8924-B10A router for multicast BT TV on a BT infinity connection.

I would expect it's only the username a password which is different for the Plusnet service.

tvoip1.png

More details here: http://npr.me.uk/zyxel.html

Jonb

Hi,

I've just got my youview box, and I have a BIPAC 7800DXL router connected to the BT fibre modem, with the plus net supplied router connected to it as a bridge. The problem I have is that if I connect the you view box directly to the 7800DXL router then I can happily watch all of the extra channels, but if I connect through the plusnet router it doesn't work. Is there a setting on the plus net router that will enable the multicast channels to work (its the latest Sagemcom 2704n model)?

Jonb

ok after some experimentation I have found the answer - on the plusnet router if you turn OFF IGMP snooping then it all works - wasn't what I was expecting as you need to have it on if you are connecting the plusnet router direct to the fibre modem and want to watch the youview multicast channels.

So I suggest you only do this if you have the same setup I do i.e. incoming fibre -> BT fibre modem -> 7800DXL router -> plus net 2704N router -> youview box.

you can find the IGMP snooping setting in the special 192.168.1.254/expert_user.html pages under LAN settings.

Hope this helps !

Jon

ocarrollr82

Re: Multicast config for alternative routers

Hi Doug, how do you make these changes, where is it different on your picture, I have a Fritzbox 7490 and would like to get it working on mine, I have downloaded a txt file but not sure what to change

mrcoyote
Dabbler

Did anyone ever get this working?

I've been trying to get it working with a Cisco ASA 5505 and have followed the config on this page, but without much success.

Paualsh112

IP multicasting is a bandwidth-conserving technology that reduces traffic because it simultaneously delivers a single stream of information to thousands of corporate recipients and homes. Applications that take advantage of multicast include video conferencing, corporate communications, distance learning, and distribution of software, stock quotes, and news. This document discusses the basics of how to configure multicast for various networking scenarios.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Do all the ISP's that provide YouView use multicast for the IPTV subscription service?

stereohaven
Rising Star
Fixes: 4

@caravanj wrote:

Do all the ISP's that provide YouView use multicast for the IPTV subscription service?

Yes.

Hoffman105
Hooked

Used this to sort my archer c3200, thank you

davefaulkner
Grafter

Hi, 

I have the same problem as Shiner67: Multicast doesn't show as an option on my 582n, either. I'm struggling to sort out a problem with my digital music streamer, which apparently works by Multicast, and I thus can't find out whether Multicast is enabled or disabled on my set-up. Any chance of sending a command to my router too, please?

Many thanks.

Reginard

I'm using a Unifi USG router and switches and can't get the igmp-proxy to work with Youview. Is anyone using Unifi kit that can share their configs?

Regards

Coullio1971
Hooked

Anyone found a solution for a Netgear D6220 router?

DavRo
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I had an R6220 - which is the D6220 without a modem - and raised a ticket with Netgear in April 2017 about non-support of IPTV. They agreed that a firmware change would be required but said they couldn't - or wouldn't - do it on that box. They swapped it - free - for an R6400 - which also didn't support IPTV but was similar to the R7000 which did. Over a period of several months they produced - and I tested - firmware changes for the R6400 which worked with PlusNet TV (until recently).