Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Configuration for Internet (Multicast) Channels

PeeGee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Router Configuration for Internet (Multicast) Channels

Just looked again and the the following is a long way down the "overview" section
With four built-in Gigabit Ethernet ports, the Archer VR200 is capable of providing the stable, ultra-fast wired connections that you need to ensure lag-free gaming and uninterrupted HD video streaming.

with a logo for "IPTV"
Phil
Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
mole1967

Thank you guys for your help. With a little bit of luck then it should work.
I have enabled IGMP (is that the right term) and IGMP snooping so now just waiting for the box.
Will report back whether it works
mole1967

OK. So Youview box arrived and plugged in. Does not work with TP link VR200 for IPTV channels, despite IPMG enabled and IPMG snooping enabled.
Tried a variety of combinations of enabled / disabled for those two settings. Tried with Plusnet router and IPTV channels work great.
I think it has something to do with the WAN - when looking at Plusnet router it seems to have two WAN's enabled, VR200 does not and cannot see how to add a second WAN interface that would be of any use. VR200 is on the latest firmware (I think Oct 2015).
Any thoughts gratefully received as using the Plusnet router at the moment but not overly impressed with it. If not, the VR200 will have to go back to Amazon!
mojorisin
Grafter

Does the TP-LINK TD-W9980 N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit VDSL2/ADSL2+ Modem Router (2.4 GHz 300Mbps, 5 GHz 300Mbps, 2 USB Ports for Storage Sharing, Media/Print Server) work with plusnet tv as i need to now ditch my new Linksys EA6300 router due to plusnet tv not working
As much as I love plusnet the the Fibre router sucks and i need something better
PeeGee
Aspiring Pro

The TD-W9980 works "out of the box" for PNTV. I do find the 2.4GHz signal down on the WR1043 router I was using, which is probably due to two internal aerials instead of 3 "twigs", but I've not done any orientation changes as I still get 11n300 fine where it's needed.
Phil
Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
beeceegee
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: mole1967
I think it has something to do with the WAN - when looking at Plusnet router it seems to have two WAN's enabled, VR200 does not and cannot see how to add a second WAN interface

I'm not familiar with the VR200 interface, but you should be able to add a second interface along the lines of my posting for the C8:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,124042.msg1213099.html#msg1213099
basically a sort of dummy interface with a static IP. I had a look at the simulator for the VR900 on the TP-Link site and the option seems to be there for that model
mole1967

Hi, Currently using OR modem & Plusnet router. As soon as I get time will try your suggestion, Thanks. M
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 60

Does the Vr200 not have the IPTV setup option like the Vr900 then ? It's under Advanced > IPTV . If that exists then try VPI 0 VCI 65 and set the correct LAN port for the TV box. It looks like that configuration adds a 2nd PVC
biggles001
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have a dg635 fibre router which I configured as per a post on here,that worked ok for the internet,but I couldn't find what settings were needed for PN Tv.Have now resorted to using the PN router,and bought a wifi repeater,which has improved the wifi range.One day I hope to be able to use the dg635,and cut down on the amount of electric string ,all over the place!
mole1967

No IPTV option in advanced, or indeed anywhere. I will be following advice regarding second ip address when i get the chance!
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 60

There's now a manual download on the Tp Link site http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-VR200_V1.html . It shows an IPTV section in there , page 31. Its suggests that you need to set VPI/VCI or VLAN ID. Presumably VPI/VCi if you're using ADSL or VLAN ID for VDSL. I've seen somewhere on the kitz site that VLAN ID 0 ( i.e no VLAN ) is used for IPTV over FTTC.
Hope that helps
PaulM1982

Hello there
I have the Plusnet TV service and so far have used it with the supplied Sagemcom router, which has been proving a problem in terms of reliability by rebooting every couple of days and in some cases when it does this the wifi doesn't come back up propery so I decided to switch to a TP-Link WR814N V9 with OpenWRT installed, however this means I am no longer able to view the IPTV channels which itself is causing the YouView box to throw up error IPC6023, I already read ahead to find out what I needed to do to setup the router to work, so installed igmpproxy on the router along with the kmod_bridge package as instructed on OpenWRT's website, did not seem to work and after trying that as well as one or two things found here I have found that none of these have worked, yet I have seen on this thread some posts back that people had successfully got the YouView box to work with OpenWRT
I don't wish to buy another router nor go back to the Plusnet router, so all help to get the YouView box to work with the OpenWRT router would be greatly appreciated
NineToTheSky

Re: Multicast config for alternative routers

Quote from: Matthew
And for anyone using a ASUS RTN66U
Under the IPTV tab within LAN settings
Select ISP Profile = None
Choose IPTV STB Port = None
Use DHCP routes = Microsoft
Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy) = Enable
Enable efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP Snooping) = Enable
UDB Proxy (Udpxy) = 0
Within WAN settings
Change setting under WAN > Set 'Enable VPN + DHCP Connection' to No
You may have to do disconnect and reconnect your PPP session if this doesn't work straight away

I have the Asus DSL-AC68U. I have the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.378.9212. I have set the LAN settings as above. Under WAN there is no option for 'Enable VPN + DHCP'. There is Internet Connection/Dual WAN/Port Trigger/Virtual Server & Port Forwarding/DMZ/DDNS/Nat Passthrough. Virtual Server & Port Forwarding has Enable Port Forwarding which is set to 'No', but I can't use the Channels between 256 and 307 or the included Eurosport channels.
Can anyone help?
Tibbie
Grafter

I use the ASUSWRT Merlin firmware for my RTN66U  currently v380.57
The firmware says it supports the AC68U
I very occasionally need a reboot, but normally this works for months without issue
NineToTheSky

Re: Multicast config for alternative routers

Quote from: NineToTheSky
Quote from: Matthew
And for anyone using a ASUS RTN66U
Under the IPTV tab within LAN settings
Select ISP Profile = None
Choose IPTV STB Port = None
Use DHCP routes = Microsoft
Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy) = Enable
Enable efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP Snooping) = Enable
UDB Proxy (Udpxy) = 0
Within WAN settings
Change setting under WAN > Set 'Enable VPN + DHCP Connection' to No
You may have to do disconnect and reconnect your PPP session if this doesn't work straight away

I have the Asus DSL-AC68U. I have the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.378.9212. I have set the LAN settings as above. Under WAN there is no option for 'Enable VPN + DHCP'. There is Internet Connection/Dual WAN/Port Trigger/Virtual Server & Port Forwarding/DMZ/DDNS/Nat Passthrough. Virtual Server & Port Forwarding has Enable Port Forwarding which is set to 'No', but I can't use the Channels between 256 and 307 or the included Eurosport channels.
Can anyone help?

With the superb help from Paul in Plusnet support, we have found the solution to this. So if anyone has this problem, Set 'Enable VPN + DHCP Connection' doesn't exist (why Asus?). Next to 'Choose IPTV STB Port' there is a check box for 'Remove VLAN TAG from DSL WAN'. Check it and (after following the steps above) all your problems will be over.