Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Configuration for Internet (Multicast) Channels

peteredelsten
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Re: Router Configuration for Internet (Multicast) Channels

Drayton Vigor 2762 works well with Plusnet TV service.

Furthermore it handles the DSL so I don't need the Openreach modem. Currently getting 70 Mbit/sec down, 20 Mbit/sec up.

I Failed to get the Drayton 2762 to run an IPSEC VPN tunnel to a Linksys LRT214 router but thats another story ...

peteredelsten
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Youview IPTV works fine on a Drayton Vigor 2762 router.

But I still need it working on Linksys LRT214 as this is the primary router as it is used for VPN. I tried hanging the Vigor 2762 off a subnet of the Linksys router but IPTV didnt then work presumably becasue the Linksys router doesnt pass the muticast packets through correctly.

So my original question remains: has anyone manged to get the YouView IPTV service running on a Linksys LRT214 router?

Highlighted
djbenson
Grafter

Just wanted to post my success setting up my YouView box with my pfSense router - luckily I had a spare port on the appliance so I have a direct connection between the router and the box (via ethernet in the walls) so I was able to set up a dedicated IPTV LAN for the YouView box (to prevent the multicast traffic spamming my main LAN) and it works wonderfully.

The only issue I have is that the YouView app on my phone cannot connect to the box (main LAN is 192.160.1.0/24 and IPTV LAN is 192.168.4.0/24) despite me being able to hit the IPTV LAN router IP (192.168.4.1) from my phone (192.168.1.28). I suspect the app is using the subnet of the wireless LAN to search for the box and obviously turning up blank. I've not done a packet trace yet to see what's going on but it's not a dealbreaker.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 63

Hi @djbenson, thanks for your post.

To clarify, do you refer to the YouView App, whereby you're able to schedule your recordings etc on the go?

If so, I've included YouView's own instructions on how to get the app up and running below:

https://support.youview.com/mobile-app/set-up/setting-up-the-youview-app

Please let me know if that's not what you're looking for.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
djbenson
Grafter

Hi

Yes it's the YouView iOS app I was talking about. I spotted that it specifically says the app and box "need to be on the same network" but due to the way I've set it up, that isn't the case. The box is on the 192.168.4.0/24 subnet and my wireless LAN (and so my phone running the app) is on 192.168.1.0/24. Like I said, I can ping the router (at 192.168.4.1) and the YouView box (on 192.168.4.2) from the 192.168.1.0/24 LAN, but the app cannot "see" the box, which can only be down to the app looking purely on the current subnet.

I understand it's an unsupported configuration so I'm not too worried - I just thought others who had set up their boxes this way might have found a way around this.