Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Configuration for Internet (Multicast) Channels

mharvo
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Multicast config for alternative routers

Works great with Asus RT-AC86U 2018 router and supplied bt open reach modem with IPTV settings as described... to view BT Sport channels on samsung 4k 2014 tv..... along with Netflix and Prime video and music without any problems.

For information the RT-AC86U router does not have this setting: Still works without it.

Enable efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP Snooping) = Enable

mharvo
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Now using Draytek 130 modem latest firmware 3.8.3 in Bridge Mode with Asus RT-AC86U RMerlin 384.8 latest firmware and all IPTV Plusnet channels works fine along with Netflix and Prime Music and Video... 

Draytek 130 Bridge Mode

peteredelsten
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Anybody got Plusnet IPTV working with a Linksys LRT214 router?

I received a youview box from plusnet today but cannot get the IPTV working. Internet connectivity is fine. Apps like iplayer are working. I enabled the firewall for "Multicast/IGMP Passthrough" on the router but the IPTV channels don't do anything.

I upgraded the router firmware to the latest verion.

Are there any tests I could do to check the actual service is working?

Any clues would be most appreciated.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 35

Hi @peteredelsten, do you still have our router that you can try?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
peteredelsten
Grafter

Lauren:

I have found what looks like an ADSL router with a label "technicolor TG582n Plusnet" but I am unclear how I would use that to test that the IPTV service is working.

Currently I have an BT Openreach modem which delivers PPPOE to the Linksys router.

Peter

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 51

Hi @peteredelsten

There's a link to login to the TG582n here, the router setup guides are here, I think Lauren was suggesting to test with out router (as the firmware should auto allow any IPTV connectivity) and if it worked then it would likely be a settings issue in your current router. 

That said before testing can you please explain if you're getting any particular error message? Have you had a look at the troubleshooting guides to see if anything resolves the issue?

I'd also suggest when configuring it for the first time to ensure it's hardwired directly to the router and not powerline adapters as I've heard this can cause problems sometimes. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
Highlighted
peteredelsten
Grafter

JOLO

Not sure where I should look for error messages. At present when I select a chanel > 300 I get a screen promising to show me that channel but no TV images are actually displayed.

The youview box is connected to the router via CAT5 and a dumb switch.

I shall look at the guides for the TG582n. I am a bit confused about your comment "with out router (as the firmware should auto allow any IPTV connectivity)". Do you mean I should try to configure the TG582n router in bridge mode so the youview box is connected directly to the internet connection?

Peter

peteredelsten
Grafter

JOLO

I looked at the guide here, but it is not helpful as it is aimed at first time users not someone with some network knowledge. How would I configure the router in bridge mode?

Peter

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 102

Hi there, 

We're not suggesting to try the router in bridge mode, what Joe is suggesting is to see if the same issue happens with nothing plugged in between the router and the Youview box just to make sure it's been done over direct ethernet without a switch, powerline adapters etc in-between. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
peteredelsten
Grafter

I have tested bypassing the dumb switch and the result is the same.

Next I will try and install the Technicolor TG582n router in place of the Linksys router but I am unclear how to do this. I have downloaded a copy of the manual for the router. The manual confirms that this router is a conventional ADSL router. There there is no mention of how to configure the WAN side for PPPOE. The manual assumes the signal is delivered as DSL via a phone line whereas in my case there is an Openreach modem delivering PPPOE via an RJ45 ethernet port. For this application I would expect to be able to designate one of the RH45 ports as a WAN port, and the ability to configure this port for PPPOE with appropriate security settings.

There is also no mention in the manual of how to configure the router's firewall for multicast and IGMP.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 35

Hi @peteredelsten, this is what your set up should look like with the Technicolor router and BT modem connected.

Once set up like this, please connect the YouView Box directly to the technicolor with an Ethernet cable (and nothing else in between).

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
peteredelsten
Grafter

I managed to get the IPTV working via the Technicolor TG582n router in place of the Linksys router - the TG582n supplied by Plusnet appears to be a customised version which allows for a PPPOE WAN connection on LAN port number 4.

So this proves that the TV service is actually working and that my issue is with the Linksys router. Also that the issue has nothing to do with the internal cabling. However I need to keep using the Linksys router as it runs a VPN connection to another site. So I cannot switch to the Technicolor TG582n router.

So my original question remains: has anybody managed to get the IPTV service running on a Linksys LRT214 router?

Alternatively on any other router which will run IPSEC VPN.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 51

@peteredelsten,

At least we've been able to rule out a fault with the TV service, so that's one thing out of the way. 

We'll leave the rest to the community to try and assist with the Linksys and VPN questions now as that's not something we'd be able to offer advice on. 

All the best. 

Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
peteredelsten
Grafter

Re: Router Configuration for Internet (Multicast) Channels

From a previous post of 12-11-2015:

@demberton wrote:
Draytek Vigor 2760n. Firmware 3.7.5.1 Apr 24 2014.
Turned on the IGMP proxy and snooping, and it works perfectly in SD and HD.

I have therefore now ordered a Drayton 2762 which according to its spec also handles IPSEC VPN.

sudosaurus
Hooked

Re: Router Configuration for Internet (Multicast) Channels

Is the ASUS DSL-AC55U supported?