cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote can't talk to you view box

geoffandsally

Remote can't talk to you view box

I have checked the batteries, and replaced them anyway, I have re-set the you view box (8 second press on the power button, reboot completed) and re-set the remote by pressing the ad/sub/myview buttons for 5 seconds, got the 3 blue bleeps twice. Still the remote only occasionally signals the box... Very frustrating... Any ideas?

3 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Re: Remote can't talk to you view box

Hello there, 

Thanks for trying what you can here, it does sound like we might need to replace that remote if this is still an issue for you. 

I've just tried calling you to arrange this but it went straight to voicemail. Feel free to get back to me here or let me know if there's a better time for us to get in touch as it's likely we'd need to book an engineer to pop round for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
geoffandsally

Hi, I'm available this morning until 9:30, or after 13:45 this afternoon
geoffandsally

Hi, I'm available this morning until 9:30, or after 13:45 this afternoon. It isn't the remote that's the problem, I can use the remote to control an old BT youview stb (same humax chassis, different fascia), by elimination, it must be the ir receiver in the new stb as the box works fine with it's control panel buttons.