cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Control Problems!

Hooked

Remote Control Problems!

Hi all

Can someone help me sort out the remote control for my Mum's You View please?  The remote lost the mute capability and I followed the instructions to reset my remote control.  This restored the mute function but stopped us being able to turn the TV on/off (standby).  I then followed the How to set up your YouView remote instructions to key in the 4 digit code for our TV.  Again, this worked and we can turn the TV on/off but the mute has gone again.  I have tried these two functions various times but we cannot get back to a position where we can use the remote for all functions.  I need to sort this out while I am here this weekend as I live some 200 miles away.  Incidentally, when using the volume/mute, the indicator used to come up on the left hand side of the screen in a blueish hue.  Now it comes up as a small black and white line at the top of the screen.  

I would appreciate your help.  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 57

Re: Remote Control Problems!

Hi @AKenny 

You seem to have done the checks that we would have asked you to follow. 

Just to confirm - you are now left with either the Mute function OR the power function?

Do you possibly know how long she has had the box for? 

Thanks

MoR 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 MoR
 Plusnet Help Team
Hooked

Thank you, MoR.  Mum got the box in February 2017.  I should say that we also changed the batteries in the remote.  I confirm that we can either have the volume/mute working but not be able to turn the TV on/off or we can turn the TV on/off but not have the volume/mute.  Prior to this we have been able to do all functions with the YouView remote.  She did lose the mute once before and I followed the reset instructions and it solved the problem that time.  Do you have any ideas please - I don't want to go home on Sunday and leave her without functionality (she's 85).

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 57

Hey @AKenny

Thanks for the clarification. 

I've organised a replacement remote for your mum. 

See this ticket for more info on this. 

Thanks,

MoR

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 MoR
 Plusnet Help Team
Hooked

Thank you, this is much appreciated.